Reading on the computer or reading on Kindle?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by limitless1585 • Jul 1, 2014.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer reading on a kindle to reading on a laptop. The kindle doesn't emit light, so it's not hard on the eyes like a computer screen. Even when i have my laptop dimmed as low as possible, staring at it for a long time is still very tiring for my eyes, where reading on a kindle seems to be about the same as reading on paper. Kindle may actually be easier than paper if you are outside because the back is not stark white like paper, so it will not reflect as much light light white paper does.

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I never had a Kindle, but that doesn't mean that I wasn't able to really have an experience with it. Even the experience was really convenient and comfortable, I still prefer to be reading with my computer. I think it's because computer, my laptop could sit or stand on its own, I could just put in my lap while I am in the car and read comfortably which is unlike with Kindle that I would always have to guard it with my hands. I really don't like tablets because of that reason. They are less stable always.

3. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't owned a Kindle device yet. That also means that I have not read any Kindle book.

To celebrate National Reading Month, Amazon is selling the Kindle for $59, instead of the usual $79. I'm trying to decide whether or not I should buy the reader. A Kindle app is free to download and use on any Windows machine, whether a PC or a laptop.

So actually I don't need a Kindle device to read a Kindle book. Readers have options. I could just download the Kindle reader app for Windows or for iPad and read the books on my machine. It's less comfortable than reading on a reader such as iPad or Kindle reader.

4. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I have the kindle app on everyone of my smart devices I just love to read. I prefer reading on the kindle then on the computer. It is easier for me to be able to relax and read when I have the kindle in my hand and laying in bed. So I prefer reading on my kindle then on the computer.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer reading using my laptop computer instead of reading on kindle. However, I still like the old-fashioned way of reading books. I just don't have much patience in reading using these gadgets. I feel like I kind of abusing my eyes whenever I do it.

6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kindle every time. PC strains my eyes way more and I can't really focus 100% on the book. Kindle isn't perfect either, but it definitely is way better.

7. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I am totally in love with my kindle. I can read in bright sunlight on the beach without a glare or read in bed with a little light. Reading on my laptop is awkward. Reading on my phone or tablet with a backlit screen is fine indoors during the day, like in line at the grocery store, but there's a glare on the screen in bright sunlight, their batteries don't last as long as a kindle, AND the backlit screen at night can keep you awake by messing with your circadian rhythm. If I read TOO long on a backlit screen, like hours and hours, I end up with a headache. That never happens with my kindle.

8. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I like the Kindle because the back light isn't as harsh as a laptop or tablet. Reading from my laptop I used to get a headache after 20-30 minutes, but with a Kindle I can read for over an hour without any issues. Plus I like the size of it, and to me it "feels" like an actual book.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer reading on my computer because it's more convenient. It's already open and it's easier to just read it there. I actually sold my iPad which I had gotten more to read ebooks, but I ended up not really using it that much.