REAL reccomendations/advice about Direct TV...

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Cornholio • Aug 5, 2012.

1. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    So, I stated in a previous post that I was thinking of switching to help save some money. I would get all the same channels I currently have for less money and then get free Nfl network. The first year would be way less and then the second year would be the same as I pay now; then I would only have to keep my current company for internet.

I am a little concerned about a few things so maybe if someone can chime in....I am concerned that living in Florida and the "wonderful" weather we have will cause me to constantly lose my signal and I am also concerned about being in contract and needing to make changes. Do they bump your contract for any changes you make or if I want to cancel HBO or get more channel, for example, can I do so freely without any additions to my time?

So let's hear your experiences. If you posted in the other thread you will notice that I have little tolerance for empty answers and whiny bitchiness unless it is supported by real reasons. I am not hear to hear only good things; I understand bad shit happens so I don't want it to be sugar coated but I do request that if you are going to post like a retard then find somewhere else.

2. kalasin

kalasinMember

Threads:
    I can't answer to the Florida weather as I live in Nevada, but we made a change to our service about 2 months into our contract and it did not extend or change our contract time. I too was worried that it would and honestly surprised that it didn't add another 2 months to our contract.

The reasons we switched:

1) More channels, plus a DVR, plus a $200 incentive check, for $15 less per month with Cox, with no contract necessary (but price is locked for 12 months)
    2) DirecTV could not extend our promotion past our contract date and said I could sign another contract at $7 more per month for 12 months

3. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    Does anyone know if there are currently any really good pricing and incentives for Direct TV? We currently are without cable as we wanted to save a bit of money and have been watching tv online. My kids are having withdrawals, so when we find a good deal, we are in!

4. HughIvar

HughIvarBanned

Threads:
    DirecTV could not extend our promotion past our contract date and said I could sign another contract at $7 more per month for 12 months