Real Savings With Online Shopping?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Diane_H • Jun 24, 2015.

1. Diane_H

Diane_HNew Member

Threads:
    With one car down, my family have been discussing switching most of our shopping to online ordering with free store pick-ups, where available, so that we can plan our trips better and, hopefully, save through a little better planning and online specials. I am curious, though: have you ever tried to give up brick and mortar stores? Did it work for you and offer any real savings? Or, did the seeming convenience cost more than it was worth?

2. stephy2014

stephy2014New Member

Threads:
    Hello Diane_H,
    I think online shopping is the best way for saving. You can save your time and money both. Past 3 years I use online shopping and very happy with it.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with @stephy2014@stephy2014 since you save on time and effort with online shopping. However, the quality of the product is not guaranteed and in spite of the warranty that you can have it changed, it is still a problem. On the upside, there is no hassle since all you do is to click on the product and pay with your card or Paypal. Presto.

4. stephy2014

stephy2014New Member

Threads:
    At first thank you for the reply. I think some sites are really nice for quality and guarantee. I am very satisfied with this matter for some sites.

5. Corzhens

Threads:
    @stephy2014@stephy2014 my usual haunt is Lazada. I'm not sure if it is international but over here it is the dominant online shopping center. But we purchase there not too often because I still prefer in going to the mall to shop. Isn't it nice to watch a movie after shopping? And we could also dine in fine restaurants in the mall.

6. stephy2014

stephy2014New Member

Threads:
    Nowadays life is so busy. So internet shopping is better in my view. You can get product there on whole sale price.

7. Corzhens

Threads:
    That's actually the main reason why I was introduced in online shopping. On my first time, I had no more time to shop for gifts and the day for gift-giving was already near. Adn then online shopping got in the way so I sampled it. The convenience it offered is a big help for busy bodies like me.

8. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Online shopping saves me a lot of time in the long run, so I use it whenever I can. I can go online and place an order right when I think of something I need as opposed to writing it down and then forgetting the list when I go shopping. Shipping costs can still be an issue, but I don't buy added extras when I shop online so it kind of evens out in the end.

9. Notinm

NotinmNew Member

Threads:
    For me, the biggest problem of buying online (things like clothes or even groceries) is having to wait for them. I only buy clothes when I'm really in need, so having to wait for it is extremely complicated. But when I have the time, online shopping makes me think more about what I'm going to buy and if I really need it. Besides, some online fashion stores have great discounts when buying online, what makes up for the shipping costs.

10. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    That's great because you can get some good deals from online shopping. I like to shop online and I have gotten some pretty good deals. I usually check DontPayFull before I buy something because they usually have good deals. The only problem that I find is it's hard to get the right sizes when you shop online. I just bought some swimsuit bottoms from Victoria Secret for $9.75 which is great, but they don't fit. So I'm hoping to find some different ones in the store.

11. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    You know if they had this service in my area I would most certainly utilize it. I keep watching for it. I hate standing in line to pay. It is not the shopping and walking around the store. I just hate waiting on the cashier.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not started to shop online but I am getting close, I would only do it to save time. Taking the bus to the Mall can take 2-3 hours out of my busy day. That is time I do not have to use riding the bus or waiting for the bus that comes once every hour.

13. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    There are some great deals online. There are so many places that you are able to go where you can get coupons. That helps bring the price down so much more. I use them a lot when I'm shopping online. I don't actually buy anything online unless I have a coupon for it. Sometimes I think that online shopping saves you more money than going into the store.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been shopping online almost exclusively in the past year and I try to offset the shipping charges by just waiting until I accumulate enough orders to warrant free shipping. Sometimes it's unavoidable to pay for shipping but I honestly don't buy that much for it to become too much of a bother. I think picking it up in store is a good compromise and I'd do it too if only more stores here would offer it.

15. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shipping normally is the deal breaker for most people. That wouldn't be a problem say if you buy all the items you need from one online store [like Amazon] so you could be eligible for free shipping but that would mean losing out on better deals elsewhere. Buy all you need in one go and I'm sure that you'll save a decent amount of money if you do all your shopping online.