Rebate For Gym Use

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Mockingbird • Mar 15, 2015.

1. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I was reading through my health insurance policy and I saw that there was a form that I could send in to get reimbursed for the cost of my gym membership. There were only two steps, fill out the form and have someone from the gym sign it and add a read out of the dates you went to the gym. You had to have at least 50 visits.

There was not to much information, so I did it and sent it in. I got a check back about 45 days later for the full amount I paid last year. This was so worth it! It literally paid for this years enrollment. I have Health Republic but I know many insurance plans offer something similar. Some cover yoga, gym memberships, Zumba and many other types of fitness. Sometimes things like acupuncture and massage are covered. Take the time to check your policy. Knowing this makes it so much easier to go to the gym. Cost was always an issue in the past.

2. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I've never even heard of this concept! I'm going to have to look through my current plan to see whether there's a similar provision. I'm not sure whether it's the sort of thing that would be in all policies though.