Recommend Some Deals Of Laptop Adapter Charger Back To School

Discussion in Hot Deals started by annacath • Aug 9, 2016.

1. annacath

annacathNew Member

Threads:
    My HP Pavilion DV5000 laptop charger doesn't work. Now I find many deals of laptop adapter charger on BACK TO SCHOOL.
    Which one you can find it best? Any recommend?

2. annacath

annacathNew Member

Threads:
    But few days ago, I buy a laptop charger for my laptop.

I search a Sunydeal 10 Tips, USB Port, 90W Universal Laptop on Amazon.

[​IMG]

It can also be used as a permanent universal replacement for a lost or dead power adapter – in such case it might be advisable to put a piece of electrical tape over the voltage selection to make sure it isn’t accidentally changed. It has a USB charging port which could be very useful when using it as a permanent replacement power adapter for a laptop.

I have several similar power adapters and this one appears to be among the best. For one thing, it’s relatively heavy – and that usually indicates quality in a power supply. Heavier duty components and heavier wiring means greater weight. However you can only take weight as an indication, not proof, of a heavy duty high quality power supply. I’ll give you an example of why this isn’t always the case: In the early days of computing there was a dot matrix printer which was a real workhorse … could run day in and day out and rarely gave any problems. The manufacturer introduced a new design which implemented some newer technologies. It was faster and had higher duty specifications. The problem was it was much lighter. Prospective customers picked it up and their nearly universal response was, “This is too light … it couldn’t possibly hold up to any heavy printing. I want the old model.” Needless to say, the new model printer did not sell very well. The manufacturer learned why it wasn’t selling, so they revised the printer and gave it a new model number. It was substantially heavier, but the real difference is they added a heavy steel plate inside on the bottom. The steel plate had absolutely no function but to make the printer heavier. The new revised heavier model sold much better!

I have not opened this up because that often results in broken internal tabs, and sometimes even makes it unusable (these types of things are not meant to be taken apart after the sale). But I suspect that the heavier weight is probably due to higher rated components and higher quality (though I could be wrong). It is rated at 90 watts, which is good because that’s at the upper end of the power draw of most laptops. An adapter with lesser power rating could be overtaxed by some power hungry laptops. In case you don’t know, the power draw is determined by the laptop, not the power adapter. You can always use an adapter with a higher rating than the laptop requires, but if you use an adapter with a lower rating than the laptop requires you could risk blowing the adapter’s internal fuse (hopefully it has a fuse), overheating the adapter, the laptop could present bizarre symptoms, or the laptop could even be damaged. For example, you wouldn’t want to use an adapter rated at 65w when the laptop specifies a 90w adapter. This 90w adapter should be sufficient for most laptop requirements.

Another thing I like about this adapter is the method of connecting the various sized tips. Some adapters have a 2-prong connection which has the advantage of being able to select tip polarity, but that’s also a BIG disadvantage in that if you select the wrong polarity sparks are going to fly and something’s going to be damaged. This adapter has a standard tip which can be used when that size is required, or other tips can be selected which simply attach to the fixed tip to provide the size needed. Many universal adapters do not include the odd 3-prong adapter needed for some older laptops, and it is also missing from this set of tips (if you need that, these are universal adapter tips so you can pick up a set of tips which include that odd tip). Dust caps are included for the tips, but I’ve never seen that before and have never need them. It is missing a tip storage method, such as that provided by some other adapters which is nothing more than a strip of rubber with holes into which you plug the tips to keep them organized and together. You’ll need a small ziplock bag or small case to store these tips.

For some unknown reason, this power adapter does not have the common 19v setting which is required for many laptops. I tested each voltage setting and it looks like the 18.5v setting would work okay for 19v. Below are the voltages I measured at each setting (without load):
    15v – 15.35v actual
    16v – 16.46v actual
    18.5v – 18.84v actual
    19.5v – 19.93v actual
    20v – 20.2v actual
    22v – 22.2v actual
    24v – 24.2v actual

I rate this 4.5 stars because it appears to be of good, solid quality, and well designed. I have deduced ½ star due to its missing that one odd 3-prong tip, lacking a tip storage method, and lacking a definite 19v setting required by many laptops.