Recycling

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Dora M • Mar 28, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a very conscientious recycler. I have two bins outside my house. One for ordinary garbage, one for recyclable materials. I also have a compost container in my backyard for my food scraps. I try to reduce waste, especially plastic, wherever I can. So I am proud to say that my non-recyclable garbage is minimal.
    How about you? Do you have a recycling bin or are there public recycling containers in your neighbourhood?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    The local dumps in our country have places to recycle plastic and newspapers. In addition, they will also recycle aluminum cans, but mind you, they will later get money for them from a third party, not you. Anyhow, should people recycle only because money is involved? As already noted, aluminum cans will get money, but plastic and newspapers will not.

Due to problems with old age, our household has simply thrown all garbage together lately. However, we still do try to recycle aluminum due to the money. However, if we put our mind to it, we could easily get back into the habit of recycling more.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I recycle bottles and cans as much as I can then give them to kids who are searching for some outside so they can sell it later. We have been doing this for over a year now and we are proud to be recycling plus helping those children in need. Now they will come and knock at our door to ask for some every week. If we didn't give them to the children we would go sell them ourselves to buy dinner but we are okay with giving instead.

4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    We just dispose of our thrash in one garbage can, regardless if it's recyclable or not. I know we have public bins for harmful thrash like cellphone batteries, but I'm not sure about the rest of the area in the neighborhood.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a trader who comes once in a while to buy our junks. We do not throw away used bottles and cans including plastic items. For two months if those trash that we keep, the trader pays us a few dollars. Not bad eh. At least our efforts in saving the trash for recycling is being paid no matter how minimal.

Here are the recycling items that we keep in trash bags for the convenience of the trader. 20170210_110147.