red Lobster

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by roy835 • Oct 12, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    I love eating at Red Lobster. It is one of my favorite spots for dining out. They have really good food, it probably used to be better but it is still really tasty in my opinion. From what I have been hearing, it seems that they have been declining significantly in multiple ways. I still like their food very much. But it is probably true that to an extent they have declined and are declining in their service. One reason for that I think is because of their prices. If they could find a way to lower prices while still serving great food, then I believe they would do a lot better.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have always enjoyed Red Lobster myself. They have really good cheese biscuits. I think a lot of restaurants are dealing with a financial pinch right now. One of the easiest ways to cut costs is to drop a wait person or a cook position and have a smaller crew do more work. Unfortunately when wait staff have too many tables they are rushed and not able to be as friendly and give as good service. Similarly when cooks have to crank out more dishes in the same amount of time they are not able to plate them as nicely and the error rate with orders will be a bit higher.

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, this post reminds me of how long it's been since I've been to a Red Lobster- over a year, easily. I do like them but I think it's undeniable that they've gone downhill in quality in recent years- both their service and their food, yet if anything their prices seem less reasonable. There are just so many other places that you can go for good seafood and better prices.

4. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I use to really be into red lobster but was turned off after a while because the food became more skimpy and more greasy tasting. At least that was the area I was in. I just like eating at buffets now where you can just get as much as you want.

5. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    We used to go to Red Lobster all of the time but we just stopped a while back. I think mainly because their prices just got to be way too high. We have a family of 6 and for us to go there it's is just way above our budget. I do love their food though. Their cheddar biscuits are to die for!! So glad they now sell a mix at the store so we can have them anytime we want!!

Danyel :)

6. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a huge fan of Red Lobster ever since getting a plate of raw shrimp instead of my ordered cooked jumbo coconut shrimp. That very instant I got sick and never went back since. I agree their service and cooks are of poor quality. They do have really good cheese biscuits that are to die for, though.

7. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    For the longest time, my family wanted to eat at Red Lobster for every special occasion. I'm a vegetarian, and not the kind that eats fish, so I was disappointed every single time we went to Red Lobster. Last night, I went with my baby's grandparents, and they had a delicious salad- the Bar Harbor salad. I called my mother because I was so excited that there was something I actually liked there. Of course, now she doesn't want to go back because of the declining quality. There's just no winning.

8. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a fan of Red Lobster. I think it's a good mid rang restaurant. Affordable, but good food. One of the better major restaurant chains out there, in my opinion. I like most of their menu items and drink options. They usually have very good customer service. I'd say my favorite item and what I regularly order there is the popcorn shrimp. They also have very good clam chowder, and excellent biscuits. I'm definitely a fan.

9. Trex78

Trex78Member

Threads:
    You know, I've actually heard this being said around the block as well. But hey, everything these days are getting smaller in size, bigger in price, and lesser in quality.

Red Lobster is still about as classy as you can get for a large chain restaurant. But hey-hey. Again it's like everything is a large chain now, so what are you going to do? (All hail the all mighty corporations!)

I like their food. It's expensive as hell, so of course I don't eat there regularly. But as far as the food itself goes, I've got no complaints, and haven't noticed any kind of reduction in base quality.

10. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I used to eat here often, but I've stopped going as often in recent years. I'm not sure if I've just found other places I prefer, or if it is the decline of the service and quality at Red Lobster that is the issue. It could be both. I used to always get really good deals at Red Lobster but it seems that prices have gotten on the high end. I suppose that if they want to stay in business they have to raise their prices but I don't feel like the value is there anymore. I don't seem them running specials very often, and when they do the specials aren't very good anymore.

The only thing that will bring me in the door at this point is that fact that they have those delicious biscuits. They are one of the best things I have ever had. I usually only go there for lunch anymore. I'll order a bowl of the Loaded Potato soup, a salad, and I'll eat those biscuits. It's a cheap meal and I know the quality of the items I ordered.

11. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    I so agree with you. They are very expensive. I went there almost 2 years ago and the food was amazing. I then went there again a year ago and it was not as good. Maybe it was just that night, but I got the same thing and it was not that tasty. I think there is a lot of bad things going on in the oceans. I am not completely sure where all the meat comes from but that might be another reason why. I know that since the whole oil spill, shrimp prices have gone up because it is so hard to get. Not all shrimp is hard to get, but the shrimp that they use might be. Another reason is that our fish seem to keep dying. I do not know if you have noticed but everywhere fish are just floating. Maybe there is something bad in the water.

12. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    The service at a bad chain like Red Lobster can vary from place to place. That particular Red Lobster may have just had an off night. You just never know with these things. I haven't heard anything about fish randomly floating or bad shrimp, though. Where did you get information?

13. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Except for about five years, I've always lived in cities with real, good seafood houses, so I've never been able to frequent Red Lobster. I would go to get the cheese biscuits for my mother, but other than that, I never went in there.