Reducing The Cost Of Electricity!

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by wallet • Jul 11, 2017.

1. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not ashamed to say that the bills here in my country are very high and we need all kind of tricks and tips to use for reducing the electricity bill. We have changed all the bulbs in The House with bulbs on led that consume less electric energy, and the other choice is that we don't use electricity in night hours because we have solar lamps in every room and each hall.
    I have succeeded to reduce the electricity bill with almost 60 dollars a month!

Attached Files:

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    That is awesome. You should definitely be proud of yourself for reducing your energy bill by that much. I try to reduce by not leaving things plugged in that are not used often like the toaster and other things. My energy company also has programs that help you to lower your bill. One of them is to not use large appliances like washer, dryer, and dishwasher during certain times of the day. I have been thinking of signing up for that but just have not gotten around to it.

3. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Great achievement there. I do not understand why you say you are not ashamed In fact you should be proud of your achievement. I save gas by cooking rice in the pressure cooker. I even save water by collecting rainwater and using it to clean the floor.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If those solar lamps of yours are truly effective then not install solar lamps everywhere so you can replace all the bulbs that use electricity from the grid? I am stating this challenge because we are also on the lookout for solar power system. But as per our research, the technology is not yet efficient hence we still depend on the grid. Solar lamps are okay at first but when the battery starts to bog down then that will be the big problem, it will eat up your savings.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We also unplug our appliances and anything else that can be unplugged like the heater. We turn off our heater daily and leave the heater on for only a half an hour-only 2 in our family. Leaving the heater on for half an hour is enough for us to shower. We turn off all lights when not needed. During sundown, we turn off lights till needed. These are things we do to conserve energy and saving money!

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    We don't turn the lights on during the day and just let natural lighting inside the house by opening the windows. I turn the refrigerator off every Saturdays for cleaning. We rotate electric fan usage such that we use low-wattage electric fans during cooler hours and use the high-wattage ones during the hotter hours of the day. We don't use small appliances that require electricity for generating heat such as water heater or hot water dispenser. We use LPG instead of electric oven to cook. Not going over the 100 watts mark earns us a subsidy of 15 to 20% of the bill so that's a real incentive for saving on electricity consumption.

7. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    You are right Alexandoy, I already use more than 10 solar lamps in my house and is working just fine. The only inconvenient is that their batteries turn off around 4-5 AM. But until that hour I can walk without any problem in my house because we have light and see very well.
    Thank you all!