Reducing TP use...

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by missbishi • Jan 4, 2015.

1. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know about the rest of you but TP in my house used to disappear fast. Lately, though, I've been squashing the roll before I place it in the holder. Changing the shape of the roll makes it harder to pull. This makes you aware of how much you are actually tearing off. Currently saving around a roll per week doing this. Does anyone else have any other tricks?

2. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    This actually just sounds kind of weird - I am all about saving toilet paper - but I am not sure squashing the roll would really achieve anything but we do keep a container of wet wipes around which does cut down on dry tp usage.

3. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I think the best way is just to be conscious to begin with of how much you need and how much you're taking, and to talk to your family members if necessary to help facilitate their being conscious of this too. In all honesty, though, toilet paper just isn't something I really scrimp on- I use what I need and probably would only really start to vigilantly monitor use if I were in truly dire financial straights.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have this problem as well since I use it for pretty much anything including drying my hands after washing, which I do a lot, and also I use it to pick up dirty things that fall on the floor. I go through a lot of tissue in a short amount of time and e only way I combat it is to keep conscious and remind myself to only use a few that is necessary since I know I can't stop myself from using it frequently.

5. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Hide the toilet paper and then tell everyone that it's the last roll ;). Toilet tissue is a given to be in the house at all times and taken for granted, with the exception of little ones the somehow manage to pull it out excessively for their enjoyment. I did it and it worked for me.

6. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    We use both baby wipes and tp. That way we end up spending less. The wipes are more resistant to breaking so we don't need to use lots of tp. We buy baby wipes in large quantities. They are always cheaper then wet wipes for the whole family. We also buy tp in larger packages and it lasts us for months.