Reebok Pump

Discussion in Product Reviews started by JoanMcWench • Apr 19, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    So, apparently, Reebok is back in the pump game. However, no longer this priceless gem:
    reebok-pump-omni-lite-vintage-01.
    But these alleged 'sleek' 'discreet' pumpers:
    pTSA-20535329p275w.

Do you think these guys are going to make it up the sneaker ladder?

2. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm particularly curious about whether or not there's any difference. I remember when the first ones were out. They were really popular for a short while, and then they just all disappeared. If they didnt last the first time why would they do any better this time, unless they really are different. I guess we'll have to wait and see, right? Do you think they'll last this time? You know, for longer than a year? Lol

3. regicide3342

regicide3342New Member

Threads:
    When it comes to running shoes, I feel that there is quite a bit difference. I have a of those reebok pumps and I am satisfied with them. They really help me run better. Not only that but also their comfortable on your feet. Would recommend to anyone. Oh and also they last really well!

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't think the new ones will make it as big as the old model. In my opinion a big part of why the older model was so successful was its marketing campaign and the gimmick that actually was right for the time. These days I think people are more attracted to different types of shiny toys like gadgets so they probably tend not to care too much about sneakers anymore.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I got all nostalgic when seeing that pic of the old Reebok Pumps, I wore those all throughout high school and I definitely remember my parents getting particularly pissed at paying $100+ for shoes for me, but I was obsessed with having them, lol.

They "worked" OK when they were in new condition, but the problem was they didn't wear well over time, and once the padding in the shoes started to go flat, and the lining would start to wear off, you could feel all the hard parts inside scraping around your feet, and they became somewhat painful.

These new ones seem to be geared more towards the "crossfit" type folks, or runners, rather than the older ones which were geared towards basket ball players (and mallrats like myself who didn't play sports at all). It's a different market, and it will be interesting to see if they take off. Honestly, I've seen some of my workout-obsessed friends buy sillier products, such as these shoe/socks that fit over your toes like gloves - they were basically gloves for your feet but with a little rubber on the bottom.