Refilling normal HP Inkjet cartridges?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by megadelayed • Sep 8, 2014.

1. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I have a old HP Photosmart C4780 Inkjet printer that I use to print/photocopy important documents, and occasionally some photos as well. I find that the cartridges are really expensive and run out relatively quickly, so I wonder if I can just buy those cheaper ink refill kits from a supermarket and refill the HP cartridges? Has anyone else got any experience with these HP printers and refilling cartridges, or any tips on what refilling cartridges in general?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I believe you can but you would have to know how. We had a friend that did it on all sorts of different kinds of machines. He used a syringe but the powder still got everywhere and stained his hands and clothes. He tried to teach my husband how to do it but he ended up feeling it was more work than it was worth. That being said, the ink cartridges are really expensive so I would say its a great idea to try but you might want to do it the first time under the supervision of someone who is experienced.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    It would be best for you to bring the cartridge to an authorized ink refilling center to do the job for you. This ensures that you don't damage your printer. Consumers are in fact, being encouraged to use ink refills for environmental reasons. When you go to a refilling center you have the option of exchanging your empty ink cartridge for a fully loaded one. You may also request the technician to refill your empty cartridge while you wait if you still want to maintain your original cartridge.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I do it. This is far cheaper as when you buy a new cartridge which is just so expensive and runs out fast. Before we buy a new cartridge, we make sure that the cartridge has already worn out and refilling it alone wouldn't solve the problem, that is when it's brush has already been used to much. I think that it's best to convert printer to continuous.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Fake ink has come a long way and I personally believe it is now alright to use it more than ever. Not only that but there are also new technological developments wherein you could have a bulk ink feeder attached to your printer so as to give it a lot more room for ink and thus giving you less work to worry about with concerns to having to refill it constantly. I'd honestly just rely on professionals to refill these things, though, as I don't really like messing with printers and risk breaking them.