Refunds

Discussion in Misc & Others started by littlewitch66 • Sep 11, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You certainly did not confuse me but I got your message loud and clear. Some people do not think about their own reputation as companies know exactly when they sold those items but still refund or replace for their own reputation's sake. This is the customer who has to show sense of decency/ethics and refrain from taking disadvantage.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    They sure can afford the cost and keep their customers happy but how long! If the trend continues there is a chance that the supermarkets will reconsider their policies and make certain return policies which will curve activities of dishonest consumers but that will effect some honest ones as well. I am not sure why a person should wait for long time if he was not satisfied with a particular item. I bought a 2 kg pack of yogurt from a local store and when I opened it after reaching home I saw deposit of fungus allover the container. I immediately drove back and showed it to the staff. They apologized and offered me my money back and another pack. But I took my money back and refused the offer of free yogurt which I bought from other store.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Over here, 7 days is the maximum allowed duration that you can get a refund or item exchange. I wonder why US countries allow such a long duration for claiming refunds? Unscrupulous customers will surely take advantage of that lax policy.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Back in my country they clearly say that nothing will be refunded but exchanged/repaired if there is a fault/manufacturing defect. some businesses also say that once you get out of store there will be no refund but only warranty if any would be applicable. However here in Australia there is no limit of days but you can go any time that suits you and take a refund or/exchange goods.

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania I'm in the UK and I think there is a returns policy which says that items should be returned within a certain date but in this case it was at the discretion of the store manager. This particular customer used to come in a lot so perhaps he thought the store would lose more if he didn't come back so he did it as a goodwill gesture.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It would be a form of goodwill in some store or mall. If those customers won't be refunded the integrity of the store would be jeopardized. And it should always be the store policy that customer is always right.

Here in our country, it's a case-to-case basis. In the receipt, it's clearly printed no refund, no exchange. If the customer does insist, he could exchange it with the item of the same or less.

In fact, there's no so far reported of cases of refund and exchange of items putchased in general but in an isolated case it couldn't be avoided.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66, I'm sure the store has lot of customers, no need to appease a single customer when the demands are unreasonable already. Over here, the replacement is only within 7 days, after that you'll have to rely on the warranty.