Refurbished consoles

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by mistymi • May 22, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Buying refurbished seems like a smart way to save money if you buy from the right place.
    I'm planning to buy a refurbished Wii U straight from Nintendo for $200 ($300 original) and have only read positive feedback with buyers saying it's identical to a new system.
    The only downside for me is psychological, wondering how much it's been touched and handled, but I guess it's worth the price.
    In the future I plan to save money on other electronics by buying them refurbished.

#1May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  2. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I've had great experiences buying refurbished laptops and iPods in the past, but I've never bought a refurbished console. Not that I wouldn't, I just haven't bought a new console in quite a while.

I actually plan on buying a refurbished 3DS from Nintendo once I have the money.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I bought plenty of refurbished/used consoles online or from the flea market and I never had a problem. If you buy the later models from a generation they are usually more durable than the first ones manufactured - this is why I always ask for the series when making a purchase. So yeah, I agree with you, there's good money to be saved on consoles by buying used when you're in need of a replacement or a backup.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have purchased refurbished computers and need to get one right now, I was looking at new but refurbished will do for now.