Regular Water or Flavored Water?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Moneysaver93 • May 4, 2012.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer plain water at room temperature. Many flavored water products have a lot of hidden sugar. I don't drink mineral water or seltzer because I don't like the taste.

This thread has given me a lot of food for thought about the safety of bottled water. A water filter is probably the best way to go.

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I like flavored water the better :)

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I will choose flavored water because I can;t stand drinking just water because it's tasteless. I really love soda and I always look for its taste when I drink fluids. Knowing that sodas are not healthy if you drink too much, I find flavored water as alternative.

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Put me down for the flavored water. Regular water just doesn't get it for me. Don't get me wrong, there are times I need it, but I love my Crystal Light better. Plus they keep coming out with more flavors and I just love that.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am a plain water person. I do like some of the flavored water but not all of them. There are some that have a funny taste to them. I am not sure why but they seem to have a chemical flavor. That has kind of turned me away from all of them now.

6. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I like plain water. Hot. Not boiling hot. Just hot enough to feel the heat without scalding the lips. There's a certain kind of pleasure in drinking hot water like that.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I can't get behind the whole flavored water thing. The way I see it, water should be water. Once you add a flavor, now it's something else.

8. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I rather flavored water because it taste better but I also drink reg water too. Its better to drink reg water because it is really good for you. Plus it will help you lose a lot of weight too.

9. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    At home, I have installed a filtration system, kind of top of the range and we all drink from that source. We rarely flavor it but we do, once in a while, add gas, syrups ...
    My wife is the top expert on water and she can detect the difference between all the waters, she says that filtrated water is the best ever !
    Now of course, regular, mineral and filtrated waters all taste different. I travel a lot and some hotel top water just don't taste nor smell good !!

10. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I like the Pur water filter which is attached to my sink. The one I have now is the Mineral Spring and allows me to have the extra minerals in my tap water. I really love it!

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like plain water I get those flavor packets to add to my water or get berry propel water when I see it.

12. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Regular or tap water for me. I like to drink it warm and cold, depending on my mood or what I have been doing :D

13. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    I absolutely love plain ice cold water. So flavor is necessary. I will drink Country Time lemonade or Kool Aid. But mostly I consume ice cold water. There is nothing like it.:)

14. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I've always been curious of the flavored water.

I've been seeing the commercials like crazy for that "MIO" stuff. But honestly, I'd only deal with this if the price was right. I can't see myself paying an arm and a leg for some tiny little flavor bottle to "enhance" my water

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to make my own flavored water with my herb plants. I found a recipe on Pinterest for making flavored spa water out of various fruit and herbs. Not only is it a step up in taste from plain water, but you control what goes in it and you get some health benefits from the fruit and herbs.

16. PurpleWasabi

PurpleWasabiNew Member

Threads:
    I say regular water wins against flavored water any day. I have yet to find a flavored water that hasn't made me want to throw it after one taste. Flavored water seems to have a very strong, artificial taste to it. As for mineral water against regular water, I'd have to say mineral. I don't really taste much difference, but I do notice a different in how it flows. Mineral water is a lot smoother that other waters in my opinion. Hope I helped!

17. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    Plain ole tap water does it for me. But drinking flavored water once in a while won't be bad. I just don't trust these flavored drinks that much. I prefer my water natural.

18. Terri

TerriMember

Threads:
    Give me some sparking water any day! I know that tap water can still have some unhealthy properties in it. The flavored water, I don't really think it usually tastes like the flavor it's supposed to emulate. Give me some regular clean water. I must admit, I think mineral water could be good, but the flavored water needs to go! Well, I shouldn't say that. I'd rather my kids drank flavored water than Kool-Aid or soda pop.

19. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Flavored water is just a diluted drink. I cannot believe the beverage industry has bamboozled people that much, this is almost sillier than bottled water itself. There's a really eye opening movie on the bottled water industry called "Tapped" that I'd really recommend seeing, when you see the damages bottled water is causing to communities and where corporations are really headed with it, it was very sobering.

20. greenmachine

greenmachineMember

Threads:
    it depends on my moods but mainly stick to plain bottled water. The city water here in Marion isn't all that great and a lot of people avoid drinking it. I always have a bottle of water sitting at my desk while working my phone job. I don't think I have tried mineral water.