Regular Water or Flavored Water?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Moneysaver93 • May 4, 2012.

1. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I just drink regular tap water. I don't like to buy bottled water. I've read many articles stating tap water is no more dangerous than bottled water.

2. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I generally drink regular water that has been filtered using a Brita Filter. I drink mineral water if I have a hang over. I am particularly not fond of flavored water, especially if there is some sort of sweetener added to it.

3. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have a water filter? If not, then that statement isn't true.

I think people but bottled water because it tastes a lot better. It has minerals added to it so the taste is a lot smoother than tap. I also think that people purchase it because it's portable.

4. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Never tried flavored water or mineral water, that I can remerber. Tap, plain filtered water is fine. I can't prove they are selling me spring water, so I stopped purchasing it.

5. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer flavored water over plain old water. I love the Vitaminwaters and also the Lifewater at Walmart. I can drink regular water but I just get tired of it after a while, I have to force it down.

6. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer plain water. The flavored waters I have tried in the past left a weird aftertaste. Besides, I think plain water is just healthier for you. Like another poster stated, if I want to add some "zest" to my water, I will add some lemon.

7. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    I like flavored water but don't often drink it, just because we don't usually buy it. I use a Brita Filter and drink water when I'm thirsty, simply because it's healthy and quenches your thirst, not because I really like the taste... plain water doesn't really have any taste, lol. I drink iced tea when I'm not actually thirsty and want something tasty.

8. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I don't buy water unless I'm at the beach and need extra. I have tried flavored water and don't like the taste of it at all. If I ever get bored of water I will put lemon in it for a while. I do this many times until I'm tired of it and then regular water tastes good again. It seems like the more I drink water the more I want it too.

9. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I drink plenty of water when I'm training, sometimes flavored. I don't really mind plain water at all.

10. Drainbamaged

DrainbamagedNew Member

Threads:
    I am a plain water person. I do like some of the flavored water but not all of them. There are some that have a funny taste to them. I am not sure why but they seem to have a chemical flavor. That has kind of turned me away from all of them now.

11. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on location, but really all a Brita does is clean up the taste a bit. It doesn't protect from micro-organism which generally found more often in bottled water than public works. You see there is no legislation making companies selling bottle water insure it meets standards. There is however quite a bit on the books to ensure that public waters meets some standard and people can be held accountable for any lackings.

12. alreenaw

alreenawMember

Threads:
    If I am thirsty, then I would prefer to drink regular water. If I am just looking for a beverage to sip on, I prefer flavored water. I also like drinking the On the Go Crystal Light drinks that you can mix into water.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mineral water tastes a bit different than flavored water, but I'm not really choosy in drinking water in general. When it comes to flavored water, I like to consume any kind of juice or coconut water.

14. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I perfer perrier water but I also love plain spring water. It's delicious and refreshing and it does a body good by cleaning your system. I do drink flavored water from time to time like coconut, blood orange and some flavored teas. But good old clear spring water is one of my favorites.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to drink flavored water when I was a teen.. the novelty of it I guess. I won't touch bottled water anymore though. It's no different than what you have at home and in plastic to boot.

16. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I just drink tap water. It is perfectly safe and, of course, much cheaper. I never buy the flavoured water because they normally contain added sugar. It is much faster and cheaper to just buy the sugar myself and dissolve it in water, if I want to. Even if they have no added sugar, they still have additives to make the flavour and these are probably not great for your health. Plain bottled water is still a needless expense with the availability of safe tap water.

17. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    i go for regular water