Regularly Scheduled Maintenance (Factory Suggested)

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by jdwriter • Aug 3, 2014.

1. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    My car has just hit 60,000 miles and the milestone of "paying a lot to have things fixed" has been reached. In my opinion a lot of what needs to be taken care of at the 60,000 mile checkup for a Honda Odyssey are unnecessary, but I wanted to see what everyone's opinion on the topic. I can see the need for checkups, however, I get my oil changed and have things tightened when needed. Is there any reason for preemptive replacement, even if it isn't near the end of its lifecycle?

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I would follow the manufacturers suggested scheduling maintenance as much as you can. They know what they're talking about they made the car. If you don't you may be paying for it later in break downs more often with your car.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I work in the automotive industry, in fact I work inside an automotive factory, in the adm offices. And let me tell you, the main reason why factories highly recommend you to have regular scheduled maintenance, and by the way the reason why they attach the maintenance with warranty for your car, is to keep you coming back! After you buy your car they don't wouldn't have you as a customer anymore until you buy another car from the brand. If you don't decide to get something from another brand... Scheduled maintenances are for them to keep you as a customer and keep being profitable from you. Don't get me wrong, maintenance is necessary and changing specific parts and varied services whenever needed is important, but not with the frequency most automotive companies want it to be.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I think maintenance is always a good thing - even though, it's a good way for companies to milk more money from you. ;) Of course, though, the main problem with maintenance is that a lot of people have a low income and cannot afford it. However, though, they need to rethink their priorities, because a well-maintained vehicle might cost way less than one that isn't. I mean, it's just like a person who doesn't get regular doctor checkups.

Exactly.