Rejecting travelers' cheques

Discussion in Payment Methods started by tinyfang • Mar 25, 2014.

1. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    The topic of traveler's cheques has popped up every now and then. Some places use them, but I noticed that some places outright refuse them.

Have you ever tried using them and get rejected? Also, if you're a business, do you allow them from your customers? If not, why not? What are the biggest risks involving them?

2. Timetrvlr

TimetrvlrMember

Threads:
    I've used Travelers Checks in the past, the last time was in 2006. At that time, I found my debit card worked just fine in another country for getting fast cash so why bother with Travelers Checks? Small business's are suspicious of any checks and rightly so, especially those issued by a bank in a foreign country that they aren't familiar with. However, they all recognize Visa cards and are happy to take them. I just don't see any reason to use Travelers Checks anymore.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I used Traveler's Cheques many years ago, but they, just like a personal check is pretty much of yesteryear. I'm sure they are rejected at many stores now because they are so rare, that the business wouldn't know how to recognize a real one from a fake.