Relationships

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Peninha • Jul 8, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I have never played games in any of my past relationships. At first, I thought I've catch a good one, but then something always went wrong. I have never hurt anyone or broke their hearts. It was always me who ended up broken hearted after a relationship.

Until I meet my husband. I knew right there and then that he is the one for me. He was totally different from the others. We got married a year after we met and I am proud to say that our relationship keeps getting stronger everyday. 3 down and forever to go.

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Respect others and you will gain respect as well. This is the only thing I'm going to say to boys out there:

Dear Males, be the type of guy you want your daughter to be with.

3. DejiK

DejiKMember

Threads:
    I fell in love with my friend and we were together for 2 years. During that time I moved 6,000 miles away from home to be with her, treated he like then queens' queen and loved her very much. As a thank you you calmly reached into my chest, violently ripped out my heart and then calmly handed it to me, before disappearing forever like a thief in the night.

So I'm going to share my own pearl of wisdom here: Don't pretend like you know women, don't try to apply logic to the situation and just enjoy it if you're lucky enough to be in love :)

A friend once said to me about relationships:

"you have to decide whether you want to be right, or whether you want to be happy"

I spent so long trying to be right, that I forgot that being right didn't make me happy. I know it appears simple, but it was one of the best pieces if advice I ever received regarding anything, and I urge all who are in relationships to consider this every time they row with their partner.

#23Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  4. Happy247

Happy247Member

Threads:
    Life is all about living and learning. People will play games and get played. I've been on both sides. Now that I think about it, I had no clue about relationships. I was getting advice from my girlfriends and they were all bitter because they had been through so much crap from guys. I just had to find my own path and learn what is was that I wanted and what type of person I wanted to be. I've been married a few years now and I love it. We do have problems from time to time but there are some things that I will not tolerate and he knows it. As long as he's treating me right I'll do anything for him. If he startes with the foolishness then its time for me to move around. He'll get no love or respect from me. That's how I live my life these days.