Reliable Erasers?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Miaka_M • May 25, 2016.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I have a huge supply of office supplies and during my yearly clean out, I noticed the abundance of erasers that I have. A majority are dollar store erasers but a few are the white staedtler brand! This is my favourite brand of erasers, I have never gotten smudge marks when using them, I don't need to apply too much pressure (which can rip my paper) and they erase very smoothly. In school I was always given the long, thin, pink erasers that did the complete opposite an vowed that I would never purchase those pink erasers again!

What erasers do you find reliable?

2. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    My parents usually bought a brand of white rubber erasers called Mayka or something like that when I went to school. These erasers were, albeit fragile, very reliable for me , didn't leave any smudge marks too.

3. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    Oh the Pentel Hi-Polymer eraser is my absolute favorite. I found one when I was in middle school and I loved it! I'd only ever used Pink Pearl, but the Pentel Hi-Polymer eraser does its job so smoothly and without leaving any ugly smudges that I've only bought that brand since. Plus it lasts quite a while and it doesn't even leave much residue so it's a great eraser.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aah, it's been a long time since I have bought an eraser. Yes, I have erasers in my office as an issued supply but what I use is the old reliable staedtler too. In my college days, the staedtler brand is very expensive and you are not an engineering student if you don't have one. From what I remember, it is made in Germany hence the high quality. Maybe it is time to buy another staedtler eraser just for the patronage.

5. LordAndSaver

LordAndSaverMember

Threads:
    I can definitely attest to this! Pentel Hi-Polys are amazingly reliable. I bought a three-pack off of Amazon and I've barely put a dent in the first eraser I took out of the box. Not once have I shredded it, nor have I torn a page with these erasers, and I've used them quite a bit. My friend is very artsy and she stole one of these erasers from me just because of how consistently it didn't smudge, and she was surprised to hear how cheap they are! Overall, these erasers will last you a long while and I honestly can't think of a single downside to them. They even have a plastic covering on half of the eraser to prevent it from getting dirty if you were to just toss it into a pencil case. Quality erasers.