Remedies For Under Eye Circles

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by marrykerry • Nov 20, 2012.

1. marrykerry

marrykerryNew Member

Threads:
    The beauty maybe the most important thing to women, especial anti aging creams for under the eyes and wrinkles, and would benefit from learning these simple yet effective home remedies for under eye circles, which could potentially save hundreds of dollars down the road. Read on to find out some of the best remedies to treat those dark circles that form under your eyes.

One of the most well known home remedies for under eye circles is the cucumber. Just chill a cucumber in the fridge then slice it. Place a slice over each eye for approximately fifteen to twenty minutes. You can do this up to times a day, and it will help relieve stress and cool down your eyes, in addition to reducing puffiness.

If you do not have any cucumbers, you can use tea bags instead. They are known to be very effective in curing dark circles. Just make sure that the tea bag is cold and leave on the eye area for up to twenty minutes.

Other ingredients that work well on the eyes include almond oil and honey, which should be mixed together and then applied on the affected area ever night. You can also mix fresh mint leaves with lime juice, then apply to your eye area. Rose water is another one of the most effective home remedies for under eye circles due to its natural cooling properties.

Simply dip a cotton ball into some chilled rose water and massage onto the affected area for five minutes. Do this daily and after several weeks you will begin to notice a positive difference.

2. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    True, these natural ways have no side effects. I tried cucumbers. If keep using it, it works better.

3. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    A slice of potato works well on the eye.. Papaya peel or mango peels can be used on the eye .. they are rich in vitamin A and C and help brighten up the area under your eyes. I love the rose water treatment though!

4. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Raw potatoes are great but you can also use Arnica. This herb helps by reducing inflammation and boosts circulation. This then flushes out retained water as well as increases oxygen in the blood that helps reduce that bruised, puffy look.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, I never thought about that trishgl! I have tons of arnica cream around the house, but never thought to use it there. I use it for bruising, but wouldn't have put the two together. I am going to try it out tonight! Thanks for the suggestion. I am started to get the dark circles and I hate them.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm told that holding used green tea bags over your eyes has a similar effect as cucumbers, except that you won't be wasting food because you've already used the tea bags. I haven't tried this yet, but I will soon. I'm starting to get the dark circles as well, and I'm starting to think I should do something about them, haha!

7. Eldwin

EldwinNew Member

Threads:
    Hi MarryKerry,
    Great remedies for under eye circles and must be of great help for ladies specially. Like to add workout daiy as it will improve your blood circulation. Apply a mixture of turmeric powder and pineapple juice over eyes circle and massage almond oil under your eyes. Increase your water intake and pranayam daily for at least 10 minutes. Applying cold cream before going to bed is also effective and have enough sleep of 8 hours daily. Avoid alcohol, smoking and other stimulants.

8. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    This is one I have been looking for, for many years. I have those bags under my eyes like I have never gotten any sleep at all. One lady told me to try cucumbers and that didn't work for me or I didn't know how to use them. How long will it take if you use them? It must take more than one day for it to work, or what?

9. jose

joseMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips you can also use skin care creams for this.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My eyes swell due to allergies, I know about the tea bags but have not used them. This year has been hard on the allergies already leaving me with swollen eyes most of the time. I plan to start using the sliced potatoes and tea bags to see if this will help. It is hard to sit still for 15-20 minutes to let them work, always have something to do.

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    This may sound kind of obvious, but it's also important to make sure you're getting enough sleep. Sometimes just getting one or two full nights of sleep will solve the problem.

12. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    I use cucumber for helping to reduce the shadows under my eyes as well. I have found it quiet effective and it makes my eyes feel rested too.

I hadn't thought of trying arnica cream. I have some so I might try it and see how it works.

I've brought a cream from Balance for a few pounds and that is great for reducing shadows, but don't expect to see results straight away.

13. tegen

tegenNew Member

Threads:
    my main problem was the puffiness and under eye darkness. both are gone now.i am using dermalmd under eye treatment every day.

14. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I love to use all natural things for skin care purpose so I have been using cucumbers for a few months now and it has been working fine. Thanks you For all the other tips which I will also be trying to change things up a bit. I love when I get tips on how to take care of my skin that won't damage it.

15. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Raw potatoes, cucumbers and rose water all work very well for under eye circles and also cool your eyes. Also, in India, we use unboiled cool milk around the eyes for the same effect. Aloe vera gel is also a very effective and natural remedy for dark circles around eyes.

16. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried Garnier eye roll on for under eye circle, however, the product did not work. In my experience, the best way to treat under eye circle is home remedies. You can eleminateunder eye circle without spending a penny. You can use used tea bags, cucumber or potato peel to remove under eye dark circle.

17. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This must be really appealing and adorable for having such a good time.

18. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I would say everyone shared nice tips. I would say just like Potato and rosewater we also could use tomatoes to hydrate and to whiten the dark circle. What do you say?