Removing A Yelp Review

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Theo • Nov 1, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently contacted Yelp to remove a review. I had never done this before, but they are stricter these days as you cannot be an employee or connected to the company (even as an ex-employee) and make a review.

A place I used to volunteer at had some reviews and I noticed the photo of the reviewer who gave 5 stars and it was the Vice-President. I was going to write a review and then state that the reviewer didn't make a disclaimer, but I thought I would report it with links to her profile page on the company website. They took it down as it violated their policy, so at least Yelp are doing the right thing. You do have to have proof, and as the person used the same photo in her profiles and name, it was obvious it was her.

I don't feel bad because reviews should be honest with a disclaimer.

2. MiMichelle

MiMichelleMember

Threads:
    That's great! I haven't come across anything like that so far but would most certainly do the same.
    I love how they have become more strict towards that type of thing because it does ruin the whole idea of a website were people want honest opinions on a place were they will potentially spend their hard earned time and money.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You did the right thing. This is, in my opinion, just as bad as Amazon and their fake reviews. It's completely misleading and constitutes false advertising.

4. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Good for you. Man, I hate fake reviews. They totally defeat the point of such sites, and quite often they aren't even all that necessary. (Not to mention they're too obvious, nine out of ten times. No service or product is perfect.)

I used to take work on Fiverr a while back, and I received several requests from companies asking that I provide them with favourable reviews. I did it once - I needed the cash - and felt extremely scummy. Never again.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good
    for you for reporting them. Most people wouldn't catch on, and probably wouldn't do anything about it even if they did. Way to go., I think sites such as Yelp need to be stricter with who is doing the reviews and check up on them, to prevent just such a thing. ALso, someone with an axe to grind could post a negative review.