Rent your wardrobe

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Rhoda D'ettore • Nov 1, 2014.

1. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    Has anyone seen the new "rent your wardrobe" ads on Facebook? They have all sizes and you pay a monthly fee, then exchange the clothing for different outfits. It is sort of like Netflix DVDs but for clothing. This way you always have new clothes. I was wondering about the wear and tear. How many people wore it before you? Would it have holes or loose threads by the time you get it?

Has anyone thought of trying this?

2. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I've never seen these ads and I'm not sure if this is such a good idea unless the clothes are dry cleaned after each person wears the items. I can see this being a popular trend, if the clothes are properly cleaned. I wish I would have thought of this myself because I'm sure this will be something that becomes very popular in a few months. I think high school girls will love this because they are so into fashion, wearing different styles and always having a new outfit to show off in school. Websites like this make a lot of money once they get off the ground and other websites that are similar start to surface.

3. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I know that some people lent other people rent their clothes especially the branded ones. I don't think that I will avail this service because I am very sensitive when it comes to rental clothes. I do not want to accidentally destroy them or smell weird because of them.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have not, and it seems really silly to me. I suppose there are plenty of people who get bored with their clothes so quickly that they will enjoy this as they can constantly be switching out their attire, but I do not think this is worth the money for me. I am the kind of person who wants to just find a really good deal on an item I need and wear it over and over and over until it falls apart.

5. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    This would be great but I do worry about disinfecting the clothes. Le tote does this for 49 dollars a month. You get 3 garments and 2 accessories. I don't think that the clothes are used though.

6. phyllo

phylloNew Member

Threads:
    It's an interesting idea but I'd only want to do it if I was getting clothing for a special occasion or once in a great while thing (ie. bridesmaid, wedding, etc.). Why else do it? Don't you want the clothing (at least for a while)?

7. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never thought of renting a wardrobe and it is not something that I would do. I am particular about my clothing and would not want to wear something that has been worn by someone else that I do not know. I only feel comfortable doing this when I wear my relative's clothing.

8. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I actually heard about two women who opened a store online where you rent clothing that would normally cost you hundreds of dollars to buy. I don't see how that can be very cost effective for anyone. I guess if you like to wear other peoples clothes all the time and have lots of money it would work. Otherwise, I think its a waste of money.

9. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The simple fact is that you never know what people have going on in their lives. There is literally a rise in bed bugs in some cities and states in the United States. I don't think I want to take a chance of receiving a rented already worn item with bugs attached. You'd probably do better going to a store and wearing a outfit for a day and returning it.

10. semizeu33

semizeu33Banned

Threads:
    It does sound good. Thanks:)

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never heard of this but I think it's a good idea and it's definitely worth a try, even just for a few months. The only reservation I'd have is that I dislike the thought that other people have already tried on my clothes but I can get past that if I knew I was getting a great bargain. Also I'd have to be really careful with the clothes which can be a pain, but again, if the math is good then I wouldn't mind being more careful either.

12. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I believe that this business venture offers a more practical solution for those who occasionally need clothes they do not intend to wear again. Some women in particular have such high demands on the types of clothing they wear that they never want to be seen wearing the same outfit again. This habit is quite impractical in the long run unless the garments are acquired at a very low price or borrowed. We cannot always find persons to borrow clothes from. This clothing rental business is a great idea, indeed.

If we are not satisfied with the standard of cleaning, we can always have the clothes steamed or disinfected before using.

13. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Great for fashion-conscious people or those who want to look classy but don't want to spend too much money buying a lot of different clothes which they'll add to each time the fashion changes. For anyone else who isn't that much into fashion and fancy dressing they certainly wouldn't be saving any money renting clothes.

I'd only consider renting clothes for special occasions only.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd rather buy cheap 2nd hand clothes than rent clothes, since I'm not fashion-conscious anyway. And you'll never know how many people have used those clothes and if they are hygienic people or not.