Repaint Wooden Parts Of The House

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Alexandoy • Feb 5, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My engineer cousin advised me to maintain the paint of the wooden parts of our house like the ceiling. Paint protects the wood from the elements hence paint lengthens the life of wood. The paint in the terrace ceiling have chipped off and I guess I have to heed the advice of repainting instead of waiting for the ceiling to deteriorate.

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    That is indeed true!
    A few days back, we've had a renovation done to our apartment. To increase the shelf life of the wooden parts, we were advised to do varnishing before painting. The painter told that it will save the wood from termites as well.
    Repainting increases the mean life of buildings too.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    What about repainting walls? I'm actually having problems with our walls as it became chalky even though we repainted it several times. The paint isn't faded or it does not peel off, however it has a chalky substance throughout the entire wall which is really annoying. I don't know what should I apply first or before the procedure so that it won't have the chalky stuff :(

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well that makes sense, and it is probably just something that most people do not think about. Adding layers of protection will just help keep that original layer safer, which means it lasts longer and you save some money.