Replacing A Sim Card

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Pat • May 20, 2015.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My Samsun Galaxy Mega Note will not receive or make phone calls. It is not registered on a network is the error message I am getting. Does that mean I need a new Sim Card?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, it depends. Have you paid your phone bill? Did you purchase the device secondhand? If you purchased it used, then it could have been blacklisted from service. It could just be the SIM card malfunctioning, though. Contact your wireless carrier and request a new one. If the replacement doesn't work, then something worse is going on.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are different sizes of sim cards now and you can change them at the store by requesting a different size or if you have damaged the sim card.

I had an old sim card that had worked in all my phones except my Samsung note as the sim was too old and the software was not compatible. That maybe a reason. My brother works for Samsung and told me that was the reason my sims were not working.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sometimes get that error too, but I just clean the sim card by using an eraser, and after that it starts to work again. If you don't have an eraser, then wipe it with a moist cloth with water. Sim cards aren't sensitive to water at all. One time, it was my phone that's acting up, so I had to reformat it. After that, the sim card worked fine again.