Reputable Psychics

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Rosyrain • Jun 24, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I got to a point in life in which I reached out to a psychic for entertainment, but to see if she really could sense what I was going through. She actually was able to pin point some things going on in my life that I did not give her info on. Have any of you ever had a good psychic reading before?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are different types of readings you can have, but people with psychic ability can channel, use cards or other methods. I am what people call a Sensitive and I have had some readings which were very accurate and others that were so way off, there was nothing they said that applied.

People should remember things can change so nothing is set in stone, but all psychics have a disclaimer, that readings are for entertainment purposes only. Otherwise people may try to sue them. I don't think readings on Fiverr can be any good, and wouldn't advise them.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I was not aware that fiverr even did readings, that is interesting. I have worked with a particular psychic on Oranum.com a few times and she seems to be a really honest person. I am not saying that she is completely accurate because anything can change at a moments notice, but she saw into my situation and hit the spot on a couple very personal private matters.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't go there! Oranum have lots of readers, but you shouldn't have more than one reading every 3-6 months. I used to go to the College of Psychic Studies (a non-profit) and they won't let you book if you have had a reading in the past 3 months. It's sad it's become about profit, but good readers will tell you if they can or can't read for you. I know some who have refunded people when they couldn't read them.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have only ever had one very good psychic, who's sadly passed on. She used tea leaves and was ALWAYS spot on. She too would advise to leave it 2-3 months in between sessions. She also refused to take payment, a very minimal fee, if for whatever reason she couldn't read you.

She's the reason I started believing that some people do have a gift. I have used a couple since her, but none of them even came close. In fact, it really did seem like we were just whiling away the time. It'd be nice if I could find another one of her calibre!

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my experience, if you are truly interested in someone giving you advice on a psychic level, you will attract a person or situation that will probably be an eye opener for you. But if you seek psychic entertainment, you will get just that. Usually a "hit and miss" answer to what you are looking for. In other words "entertainment".

7. Lushlala

Threads:
    I agree totally, Dora M. I am actually a believer. After having had a brilliant one for years, she really spoilt me for future ones I used after she passed on. I now realise that not everyone who says they are psychic is one, they can't all be gifted. -and the "proof of the pudding is in the tasting". I've now all but given up on these so-called psychics. I'll only go to one if they are recommended to me by a trusted friend.

8. Allyson Stewart

Allyson StewartNew Member

Threads:
    I don't believe them at all, the only thing they do is to give you the feeling that they know everything to make you believe them but the only thing they really know is how much they will take from your wallet.

9. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm, she might be a good psychic, or a clever one that knows her business.

I used to be enthusiast about psychics, and admired a few of them performing on TV, and always wanting to have the opportunity to get a reading some day. But before this could occur, I began to find information on the tactics psychics use to tell people things they actually believe to be psychic powers, but it's in reality what is called "cold readings"
    Other interesting articles on these "psychic" readings can be found here;

After this, I try to watch my steps when trying to get a real psychic reading because, I still believe there must be people who have this real mental power, but they might not be promoting themselves.

10. Lushlala

Threads:
    The secret to finding out if a psychic is any good is to not feed them any information. If they start asking you question after question, then they are not likely to know what they are doing, they're collecting information to feed back to you. The only psychic I'll ever have respect for, instructed you to sit in front of her and remain quiet until she was done doing the reading for you. Only then would she allow you to pose any questions. If you tried to say anything in between, she would give you a withering look that soon had you shutting your trap LOL I think because she really got into it, it also threw her if you interrupted. It was really intense for her because at the end of a long working day, she was drained of all energy.

At the end she'd sum up by asking you to think (NOT vocalise) hard about your concerns, anything else you wanted her to clarify or questions you wanted answered. I'm not joking, but she would address everything you had thought about as if she'd crawled into your head and read your thoughts!! She was truly gifted. It's such a shame she has since passed on.

11. MyDigitalpoint

Threads:
    Yes, while I'm not longer enthusiast follower of psychics, I know there are a few real gifted persons that can do this type of reading and I have always prayed to find one of them in my way as I have non-typical concerns that only a real psychic could unveil.

And this is another point of consideration when choosing a psychic; most of them focus on common problems people have such as finding a new job, paying for outstanding bills, discover if a spouse is cheating on the person or if they will find their other half in life, but not of them expect existential questions or other of more complex nature.

Following your approach to psychics @

, another way to find if they are legitimate or not could be feeding them with fake information, as in example insinuate about one's husband being single and without any commitment, or things like that, aimed to mislead the fake psychic, but doing it naturally to avoid being caught.

Perhaps innate acting aptitude is needed for this ;)

12. Lushlala

Threads:
    I agree completely, MyDigitalpoint. I know it's bad, but I don't feel sorry about trying to throw them off LOL I too wish i could find another psychic I can rely on. I'm very fascinated by those who are genuinely gifted in that area. But Alas! They must be far and few between, I mean the really authentic ones, the real deal. Well, the search will just have to continue :(

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala and @MyDigitalpoint@MyDigitalpoint as a psychic or rather I prefer to call myself a Sensitive, feeding a psychic false information actually creates negativity and as a result, your own guides will not come forward to give you messages as you do not believe or trust. In other words, you have not earned the right to receive messages.

I have had people feed me false information and I have countered it and they then admit it, but all that does is create disharmony with your guides. You don't have to give false information, but remain quiet and if you don't believe then don't ask for a reading as it takes a lot of energy. When I sense someone doesn't believe or is feeding me false information I stop, because I don't wish to waste my energy.

14. MyDigitalpoint

Threads:
    Thanks for the advice @Theo@Theo!

Never thought on the factor of having our guides coming to us during a psychic reading session, nor how negative could be the impact that a real psychic or sensitive person like you can receive when is fed with false information.

For a moment you have brought to my mind the harmonizing ritual that some spiritualists do to create a propitiatory environment to channeling spirits of light.

15. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hehe Theo, that's probably because you are genuine! Those charlatans probably don't care because I'm sure they don't even have any guides, as they're just winging it! You have to agree though, these days there are too many people who claim to be psychic, and a lot of them really don't know what they are doing. Those are the ones who will ask you question after question. They tell you something, but they don't say it with conviction and even ask you for confirmation!

16. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I do think that some people do have the gift of being a psychic, but many people just pretend that they do so they can suck some money from you. I have had one that asked me a ton of questions during the session and I just looked at her like, aren't you supposed to already know that? The most recent 2 that I worked with seemed to nail things correct despite the fact that I did not give them much information at all to go off of.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have had both paid readings and free ones. Before I discovered psychic readings on Fiverr, I used to get readings when a psychic airs his number on the radio when I listen to this local paranormal radio show. Now I go to Fiverr. That is the cheapest place where you can get readings. Hotline websites are quite expensive in my opinion. I was told that there is a church where most psychics just sit and wait for people to read and they only accept donations, but that church is 2 hours away from our place, so I just get my readings online. The well-known psychics over here charge more than $25 for a one on one reading, so I'm sticking with Fiverr. Most psychics also answer follow up questions too, and when I was broke and had urgent problems, my several follow up questions were answered for free, the psychic encouraged me to ask, and those were many enough to already require me to buy another gig, lol. Some psychics are quite kind and they genuinely want to help people, but there are many who are money hungry too even if they can read people. Just observe their gigs and gig add-ons.

18. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    It may sound very silly, but I wish I could find a 100% accurate psychic that could really tell me what to do in my personal life and what is in store for me. That is what life is though, something you just have to live and wait and see what happens. I am sure that there are those with real insight who can direct you on the right path, but they are far and few.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Predictions are only possibilities, that's why there's always a disclaimer when you get readings. Your free will and other people's free will also plays a huge part in the outcome. I remember 2 psychics that predicted the same thing, but it didn't happen not because of my own free will but because of the other people around me, and their actions were expected anyway. They just didn't see what will come up months after they saw the vision, they just saw a possible outcome. So if you want accuracy, then just ask past and present questions.

20. MyDigitalpoint

Threads:
    If you keep in mind that Fiverr charge commissions to anyone advertising gigs and yet Paypal take a commission on payments, this means each Fiverr psychic makes $3+ per client, do you think a real, professional psychic will go so low?

My best bet is that, if they aren't liars, they are probably apprentice psychics.

Sounds more reasonable to me those psychics at the church. My grandmother was tarot reader before marrying, and my father said that people with psychic powers like, in this case, learn about the past, present and future of someone, received a divine gift , so that being gifted, they would not profit from such ability but simply accept donations ultimately.