Resell or donate?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by whnuien • May 11, 2014.

1. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have that many items, so I would rather donate than try to sell. It never went well when I tried to sell my belongings that had to do with shoes and clothes, even though they were designer and nice. Plus donating is usually better because it'll go to someone who needs it and for cheap.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have sold a few in the past, especially ones that have more value. I've sold some on Half.com, which is an eBay company, I believe I sold some years ago on Overstock auctions (I'm not sure that still exists), and have also sold some on Bonanza, as well as in person at Half Price Books.

Back home, I would donate books to the library, and I did that in Houston, as well. I'm not sure how that works down here, so I'll have to look into it, because they sell donated books for a little money as you enter the library. I'm not sure exactly where the money goes, but that's something I will research, since I have a pile to donate, and I'm still going through them. I would mainly sell them to Half Price Books when I wanted the money to spend on new books/movies, but I don't get there as much as I used to, so I'll probably either donate the ones I have to the library or Goodwill.

I haven't looked into selling them to Amazon or how that works, but that's something I might consider, although I am also a bit concerned about shipping, especially since USPS prices are increasing in January.

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I have tried to sell books on Amazon and it's very hard. I think out of the 20 books I posted I only sold one. I have better luck selling them on kijiji. I have brought books to a used bookstore where they give me about 50 cents a book. If the don' take the books then I donate them. School libraries and public libraries are great for accepting used books.