Restaurants

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Casiox • Jul 27, 2016.

1. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Hello everyone, I would like to share an opinion with you all since I am a person who eats a lot, fortunately, I am not fat (no offense), I am too skinny for my age but the point is that I do not really know if restaurants are worth it since I eat a lot and I think that if I hit the restaurant I will be spending a lot of money due to my metabolism, so are restaurants worth it or not?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are many types of restaurants, so it depends on your budget. An all you can eat buffet would be better value if you eat a lot, but people eat out for social reasons as well as practical ones.

Also unless you are an excellent chef it's a good way to try different dishes. Eating out can be expensive but there are plenty of meal deals and coupons that make it affordable.

3. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, thank you for your answer!
    I do not really think that I am skilled enough to be a Chef, it is really not my thing whatsoever, I could try but it would be really weird for me, however, there's always a first time for everything, therefore, I would not be wasting my time.
    Regarding your advice I completely agree, I was actually looking for some places where they offer buffet so I could go and give it a look and also eat everything they might have there.
    :p

4. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I don't spend much on restaurants like I used to anymore. I used to really splurge on them when my son and I hang out a lot. Now it's just a treat. I think it would be worth it to try a different kind of cuisine, if your budget would allow it. Eating at a health restaurant would also be different. There's a lot of different foods to try so why not go on an adventure while you're at it?

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think they are worth it. It is nice to experience a change of scenery and eat food that someone else has prepared for you. To save money though, I think it would be best just to go to buffets. All you can eat ones. That way you won't be spending a lot of money, and the food you can have is unlimited.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on where you are going, and what you are buying. For most, restaurants aren't just about the food. The experience is part of the fun of visiting restaurants. Some restaurants are good deals, and others are not. I think to make restaurants less expensive, it is always good to look for coupons, or go at Happy Hour times to get the most bang for the buck.

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aside from buffets and other all you can eat specials, there are also some restaurants that just offer large portions. You can check out a lot of menus online and read some reviews. Portion size is often one of the things mentioned.

See what comes with the price of the meal as well. Does it include soup or salad? Does a beverage come with it or is it an extra charge? Some restaurants include dessert as well.

You might also be able to find some coupons to get a better deal, or earn some gift cards (or buy some for less than what they're worth). Some places also have specials on certain nights where you can get a discount, which might make it worth your while.