Retail Workers post your Black Friday tales here

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by PlainVanilla • Nov 4, 2014.

1. PlainVanilla

PlainVanillaNew Member

Threads:
    So I'd like to hear what kind of unusual things happened at stores during Black Friday but only those things done by employees, not customers. It can be good or bad.

When I worked at Lowe's as a Hardware associate, we had those big 4cell "D" battery Maglites on sale for like $5 but only got 2 pallets in. Three hours into the sale, my store manager called my department to ask how many of those flashlights we had left because his friend wanted six of them. After scanning the barcode off the display, my department manager told him there were only 3 that hadn't been sold yet and the last one had just been grabbed by another customer. The store manager told my DM to get it out of the cart and then go find the other flashlights from the other customers and to call him when he had them. My DM told the SM he wouldn't take anything out of a customer's cart because it wasn't right. When threatened by the SM, the DM called the corporate hotline and reported the store manager, who was later fired.

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I'd like to hear about this as well. I've worked in retail before but never one Black Friday. I'm sure there are a lot of horror stories for people who have to tell. Would be interested in hearing some of those.