Returning digital games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by mistymi • Mar 31, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    What's your stance on returning digital games? Should it always be allowed?

I'm not sure about the issue. If you have a good reason you can contact Steam for example and get a refund, which I've seen before. You obviously just can't return games easily like returning apps. Origin has a 24 hour return policy last I checked, which seems very reasonable to me. GOG also has a 30 day money back guarantee that lets you return games if you experience too many technical problems or bugs. What's the best policy and method that digital stores should have for game returns?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They shouldn't allow anyone to return a game because someone can still save the game somewhere and play it any time they want. Of course I understand not everyone is that unscrupulous but there are people who do that all the time. So for these companies to avoid having to refund money to people who've already played their games, they should have a trial version of the game which anyone wishing to test the game can download and try out. If they like what they see, they can pay for the game.

Otherwise, they'll lose much from unscrupulous gamers with their return policies.