Returning Items From Tv

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by tasha • Feb 24, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    we have a few stores that you can buy from the home network catalogue but be careful to read the fine print because they are not as quick to take back their products and refunds are almost never heard of. When purchasing the product from there make sure you find out about refund policies first

2. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    It's always such a hassle to return anything bought through the TV or through their sites online. It's just easier to wait until they are sold in stores so that you can actually see it before you buy it.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I am always sceptical of these TV deals because I am thinking that there is a greater possibility that the product may not meet expectations and I would probably have to return it. And seeing these sites are mostly not established sites like say Amazon, Target etc., I believe I would have difficulty returning goods and to receive a refund.

4. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I'd say there's really no reason to buy the "as seen on TV" because they'll be in stores in just a couple weeks.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have a friends who used to work with these types of businesses and according to him they rely a lot on people just being too lazy to return items when they find them unsatisfactory. Sent times they try the product out for too long or let them sit for too long before trying them fully that they lose out on the allowed days for returns being accepted. I agree that you should really watch out for the fine print as you should always expect the worst case scenario when ordering from these stores.

6. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    With most of the products I have purchased they have been useless from day one but if you have the receipt and you have a valid reason they will exchange the products but not refund it, which they tell you in big signage at the store but we do have the right to get a refund for a product that is not working the way that it should and these tv products should be a little more careful with their research before putting it onto shelves.

7. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have always assumed that that was the catch of all of these products. They promise the full return price if you return it, probably counting on people's laziness and general lack of fortitude to actually follow through with sending it back. That equals profit for them. I could be wrong, but that is what I am sticking with until someone proves me wrong.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's why it is always risky to buy such things that you can't really test for yourself, because chances are you will have to return them because of a defect or it's not what you expected. So people should always look for the fine print indeed when buying stuff on tv.

9. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The possibility of returning there items is further discouraged bly the fact that they don't accept them automaticallya. Then you might have incurred a cost to return them which they wouldn't refund. In other instances, some dishonest advertisers might claim that you are the one responsible for the spoilt item due to poor handling. This all to discourage potential complainers and returns of goods.

10. JoshSmith

JoshSmithNew Member

Threads:
    Of course its a hassle to return anything. They dont want to refund you the money and they hope you will get tired of the roundabout and just forget about it. This is why a rebate came about because some people just wont bothering redeeming it because its too much of a hassle.

11. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought something off of the tv for over a decade. And even with purchases online, I make sure that they have a proper return infrastructure - not return policy, but rather the people on the ground to take back something if needed. For example, I remember buying my first shoes online from zappos and realizing that they had actually created a proper system for returns and refits.