Returning items you find cheaper.

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by leyash • Jul 11, 2012.

1. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't done it. Usually, I always look around first and compare the prices. If I want something, I would check the actual price online and then look at ebay or amazon if I can get it cheaper. I also compare prices via google shopping online to see how much the other shops charge for the item. In this time, impulse shopping is what my hubby and I are avoiding.

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have always done this. I have noticed that I used to buy items that just came out in a new collection. I had no patience and I wanted to buy them immediately and I did so.
    A few weeks later I would always notice the price dropping so I would go back and exchange.
    Now I just wait a few months to buy the item. The discount turns out to be more than 50% off in most cases! It feels good to save this amount of money!

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I usually shop around and check prices before making a purchase. This is one of the things the Internet has made it much easier to do. If the price difference was just a few dollars I wouldn't worry about it because you might burn that in gas taking it back, but if it was a significant difference I might return something. What gets me is when you buy something and it goes on sale the next day and they won't give you the difference back.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have returned items that I later found at a reduced price. Some of the stores promote if you find it someplace else cheaper bring in the receipt and they will refund the difference. I think that is good business.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I think so too, but I have never done it successfully or without a lot of hassle. They often try to find some sort of difference in it that would negate them being able to give you the difference. Or they take so long to run it through that it's just faster to return the item and buy it elsewhere instead.