Reusable Paper Towel Tutorial

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Jessi • Mar 4, 2013.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    ReUsablePaperTowel.

!!!

So awesome. Now if you're not crafty yourself, she does have an Etsy shop that you can buy from. Unfortunately, everybody else wants to buy from her, too, so she's sold out and trying to restock. You'll have to wait until she gets more time and more products back up. Until then, though, you could potentially do this yourself and save a ton on paper towels.

2. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    This looks pretty! Although I'm not sure if I would be able to use this as it's too pretty to get dirty! Haha :D

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh wow that's actually really cool and it looks very pretty I never thought about this I think I will give it a try

4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    That's an interesting proposal. In this case, creativity is at the service of practicality. This is an object that works with the cleanliness of our home and offers an attractive design. Currently there is a tendency to innovate in products and cleaning supplies, trying to combine the best of design with the highest levels of effectiveness. I don't know the functionality of this invention, but I think it's a very nice and interesting idea. We can try to manufacture this product in the comfort of our home. Thanks for sharing this idea ... :)

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    What a clever idea! I would love to use this instead of just throwing money in the trash. We have paper towels and napkins in my home and it seems like they fly by a whole lot slower if I keep some cloth hand towels out. Guests will use the towels over paper towels.

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Cool. I would just go ahead and make this for myself. pretty easy and practical. Thanks for sharing this tutorial Jessi.
    $52 for this.. Nah.. I would rather make it myself. It will take me under an hour to do this.

7. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Looks a bit difficult for me. I am kind of stupid on craft work.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Wow, this is awesome! Not only does she share her idea with us, but gives a very good tutorial on how to duplicate the results. It is a great idea, that when implemented is wonderful for everyone including the environment (less paper, more trees).

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Her designs are really good, no wonder they became out of stock quickly. I personally think that sewing is boring, so she must really love doing it, otherwise she won't endure all those long hours doing it! At least she's turning her hobby into profit.

10. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    This looks really amazing.
    I wish I thought of this before. I can't even begin to think about how much money a person can save using this method.
    I think I might start doing in e near future. My family will be thrilled!

11. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Nice share, Jessi! It would cost me a bit up front as I don't have a snap press and the cost of the fabric but after that I could begin to save some money by making these. It would be really nice to make some with holiday themes and seasonal fabrics so you could change up the look of them occasionally. I might have to blow the dust off of my old sewing machine and give these a try.

12. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wonderful find! I am so impressed with how creative people can be. Those reusable paper towels save money and are great for the environment.

13. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Those reusable paper towels look great and they look real easy to make, too. The fabric and buttons, etc must only cost pennies. Or if you already have the materials lying about your house it's a bonus.

14. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    When I read your topic I actually thought you were talking about the actual paper towel. I just couldn't imagine how these could possibly be reusable. Then when I saw the actual item I realized that it was someone's creation using the paper towel idea to create towels that would be reusable and therefore better for the environment as well as economical I have to say this was a clever idea for someone to do if they want the convenience of a paper towel but not the waste of one.

15. MardenI

MardenINew Member

Threads:
    Paper towel!?
    Isn't it just a towel, put vertically?
    Maybe I miss something but I don't see paper.

16. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    No, you don't see paper. The point is to have them on a roll like you would buy paper towels and replace the disposable ones that so many people rely on.