REVEALED: What I learnt about buying online

Discussion in Online Shopping started by chrislyons88 • Apr 1, 2013.

1. chrislyons88

chrislyons88New Member

Threads:
    I bought a camera 2 months back off a guy on eBay. We decided to exchange money through Paypal and save some time then going through ebay. Now this sounds like the beginning to a bad story but hear me out.

I was skeptical with dealing with a guy for $1000 dollars that I never met. So what did I do? Well I wanted the product it was a deal, but I was nervous about dealing with him. So I CALLED HIM ON THE PHONE.
    seriously. It doesn't cost much and its so much easier to talk to some one and get to know them.

I got my package and im taking pics like a pro

let me hear your good deal stories!

2. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    My husband just bought a car off of ebay. Same deal. We researched the guy, and then called him. They talked a few times through the transaction. It was legit, car is great! AND it came from Texas to NY.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Online shopping is an area full of surprises. In this case, you were really lucky because you could make a exchange operation without any kind of problem. It is important to establish a trusting relationship with the seller before making transactions with large amounts of money. Every one of the details that we add to our purchase, it is useful to calm our anxiety and a guarantee if there is a problem. I never do that kind of direct contact with the seller, Ebay is a reliable platform for these purchases. Sometimes it is interesting to take risks. :D

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's great that you called the guy and had a good experience. It looks like eBay is really trying harder to protect buyers. They started a thing a while ago where they hold Paypal payments for 21 days to make sure the buyer is satisfied before the seller can get paid.

My eBay good deal story is that I bought $80 of Japanese CD's from an eBay seller in Japan. The package got lost in the mail, and they actually sent me a replacement package. I'm glad that the original lost package got returned to them, otherwise they would have lost $80, but it was really nice of them to send all the CD's out twice.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's very wise to research the seller if you're going to be making a large purchase. Calling to verify that the person if legitimate is part of doing due diligence.

I purchased a car of eBay a few years ago. But I wasn't brave enough to buy out of state. I searched for cars in my area and where my brother lived. I figured he could verify the seller. Anyway, I loved the car I bought.

I'm glad your car purchase turned out well. eBay sells a lot of used cars. I think it's one of the top places to my used cars in the Net.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Glad to hear you had a good experience with online shopping! I also do this, and a lot of sellers welcome it. I think they are aware that they are hard to trust just being an online presence and they wouldn't mind taking a phone call just to alleviate some of the doubt. I've also seen a lot of sellers who don't welcome phone calls, but they make up for it by having a lot of positive feedback. Thanks for sharing your story and tips!

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have received 2 cellphone batteries from a seller in Ebay, because after waiting for more than a month, the item still has not yet arrived. So I messaged the seller, and she re-sent another one. So I received 2 batteries. It's really nice that some sellers re-send an item even if a refund is more favorable for them.