Review Of Plugged-in Curling Wand

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ladydaydream • Jun 29, 2016.

1. ladydaydream

ladydaydreamNew Member

Threads:
    Hello everyone. Recently I purchased Plugged-In's 1" Tourmaline Ceramic Cone Curling Wand from Sally's beauty supply, which you can see below.

SBS-680638.
    This product was on sale for $25.99 and claimed to come with a heat protective glove and 2 year warranty. I was in need of a curling iron, so why not? I've never tried one without a hair protector that holds the curl in place, which often adds an unattractive kink in the hair, so I was excited for the smooth shape of it, and that it was a "wand" rather than a traditional curling iron.

Taking the item out of the box, it was light, but just over a foot long. It is made out of ceramic as it said, so I wouldn't suggest it for travelling since despite its small weight, it is a bit large and fragile. Anyway. The heat resistant glove was soft, and as the iron heated up it was very effective in protecting my hand.

Trying it out for the first time, I was extremely pleased with the results! This thing can heat up to 450 degrees at the highest, which is very hot compared to my previous curling iron, which only managed around 250 degrees. My hair is very thin and doesn't hold curls very easily, but I managed to get some very cute curls that held very well throughout the day! It was easy to use and didn't tug at my scalp or frizz my hair.

I highly recommend this item! I bought it from Sally's Beauty Supply, but you should be able to find this online on Amazon as well for this price. Hope this was useful to anyone looking for a tool to curl hair and didn't know what to get. This is a really reasonable price for such an effective tool, since expensive and professional curlers can run you from $50 to $80 dollars.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Sally's Beauty Supply, and used to shop there quite a bit, when my budget permitted. I actually had their membership program for several years. I don't usually bother curling my hair these days, although I do still have several curling irons and a straightener, as well. I

've seen the wands, but have never tried them, because I was happy with the way my curling irons functioned. I'm glad they included a glove with the wand. I've watched some videos of people using the wands, as well as having seen them in use on a few television shows, and I don't think I'm coordinated enough to use one without injury. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. If you shop at Sally a lot, you might want to consider the membership, because it doesn't cost much, and provides some good benefits.

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Sally's always has great deals. You can use snipsnap to often find additional % off. I bought the nume. It was in sale through their website. I love it! I've tried other ones (conair) and I found they really damaged my hair. I don't know exactly what it is about the nume but it is gentile on my thin air and still gives me great results. When they have sales it can run about $30.