Reviewing Amazon Products

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Happyflowerlady • Jul 17, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71Member

Threads:
    Any idea how people make a living doing that? I can understand a few dollars here or there but I've never actually heard of a company providing a sustainable wage to write reviews.

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not think that you could make an actual wage from writing the reviews for Amazon products. There might be other companies that allowed paid reviews; but Amazon is not one of them, and you can get revoked and lose all of your reviews if you are caught writing paid reviews.
    Basically, this is kind of a symbionic relationship between the sellers and the buyers, where each one benefits from the transaction. The seller, especially a new company, or one with a new product, needs exposure, and they need reviews to help sell their product.
    As a buyer, it is awesome to get something anywhere from half-price to completely free, just for writing a review of how you liked the product, and what you did or didn't like about it.
    The best thing we have purchased so far is a HEPA air filter purifier that purifies the air in the whole house, kills black mold and germs, and ionizes the air. The purifier usually sells for about $230 and we bought it for $29,, so an awesome savings.
    While this is not going to make a living for anyone, it is definitely a way to make our hard-earned money go further and buy more.

3. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    I regularly buy products from amazon, but I never got around to writing a single review. After reading all the posts here, I might definitely put in some effort. Who knows, I might get lucky, too. On the other hand, I am grateful to the customers who take their time to leave a detailed review, as I always read the consensus of opinion of others before I buy a new product.
    Most of those reviews appear genuine to me, but then I might be wrong.