Revlon Colorstay Foundation Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by mariee • Aug 16, 2014.

1. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone. This is going to be a short review on the Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily skin.

I'm going to start by saying my skin type. I have oily acne prone skin. And I live in a tropical climate. I discovered this foundation while searching for one that would stay all day even if I sweat.

This foundation has medium to full coverage, depending on how much you layer. I like this because most of the time I wear it without concealer, and it still covers my acne and redness. The finish is matte, which is perfect for oily skin types.

I really like that this foundation doesn't feel too heavy on the skin and it's easy to blend and apply. I've used it with a stippling brush, foundation brush, a sponge and my hands. This foundation is better applied with a brush. I find it sticks to my hands and is harder to blend if I use my hands compared to a brush. My preferred method of applying it is the stippling brush.

This foundation comes in many shades, I believe 20 different ones. I always have 2 shades, one a little lighter and one a little darker. It comes in Handy for contouring, as powder contouring doesn't stay all day on me. I think the range of shades would fit many people, as opposed to some drugstore foundations that only come in limited shades.

I really like that this foundation really stays all day. Like sometimes I'm at the bus stop on midday and I can get a little sweaty, but the foundation stays so touchups are really easy, just bloating the face with tissue is enough. I have even wore it to the beach and it held up all day, I was surprised I had to use makeup remover that night because I had been swimming and towel drying multiple times.

Overall I really like this product and recommend it to women with oily skin who want a long lasting, waterproof, sweatproof foundation.

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have combination skin. It's really oily in the t-zone, but dry in other areas. A couple of years ago, I began using ColorStay foundation by Revlon. Since, I have never stopped using this makeup.

Besides being light, it also covers up mild blemishes and unevenness well. What I also like is the range of colors. Because I have dark skin with red undertones, it's hard to find a perfect match. The price is so-so for a drugstore foundation, but worth the money nevertheless.

380rgoc.

#2Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy this foundation. To me it's the best drugstore foundations with full coverage, it covers all imperfections without being cakey. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell, it's pretty strong and smells like paint. But it's great, specially for the price.

4. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the recommendation. I use the Revlon in the compact with the sponge applicator.
    I could not figure out which type of skin I have. Only my nose is oily. Once in a while my chin is oily. My cheeks are extremely dry. I would benefit from a combination skin make-up.

5. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I also live in a very hot climate, and I have oily skin. I usually shy away from liquid foundations, but when I do wear a liquid foundation, it is this one. It really lasts all day, and it gives nice coverage without feeling too heavy. They have a decent color selection, but if you can't find your ideal shade, you can try mixing two shades together.