Rewarding Yourself

Discussion in Personal Finance started by Rosyrain • Jun 3, 2017.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    How do you reward yourself when you manage to pay off debt or meet a financial goal? I personally like to get myself something small and inexpensive just so I can have a reminder of what it is like to buy something I do not necessarily need. I will splurge at the craft store normally and buy craft supplies for a project, or treat myself to new nail Polish or something. Nothing expensive or fancy.

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I usually like to buy my daughter something like clothes or a toy as that makes me feel good and accomplished. For me that is rewarding as my daughters happiness is my happiness. If she doesn't need or want anything I usually buy our favorite food and different snacks than we usually get. Anything that I can share with it's rewarding.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our home we reward ourselves with food, lol! Guess we love to eat. We get ourselves something bought from our favorite places. We celebrate with a little inkling too. Life is too short so why not spoil yourself. All of a sudden I'm a Senior Citizen. Sometimes I get to discuss life with those interested and who ask about life that it should be shared with your children. I can remember, though I'm a Senior Citizen the times I spent with my grandparents. You remember the smallest things when you think back, so spend time with your children and grandchildren to give them memories that last a lifetime. We're lucky Senior Citizens are treated nicely and those Senior Citizen discounts helps a lot! Just this week Walgreens Rewards gave me $5 that I've accumulated when I went shopping this week! What a saving it was! Walgreens has every month the first Tuesday of every month Senior Discount, so spread the savings news, please!

. All you have to be is 55 yrs. old and older with a Walgreens card-so check out the site to get your Walgreens card to get lots of savings aside of Senior Citizen discount day.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    When I retire from my job after 25 years of service and receive my retirement pay, I pay all of my outstanding financial obligations. Then I date my wife to her favorite hangout or fast food kiosk and buy some a little gifts for my five grandchildren.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I recently paid off a two-year term balance transfer loan and I felt so relieved and satisfied with myself that I treated my son to a weekend at a leisure park where we spent what would have been the budget for this months's amortization. I felt that I needed that break to remind myself how easier and more enjoyable life would be once I've cleared all the debts. I have another balance transfer to pay off and then there's the mortgage to think of.

6. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I reward myself by eating food in a posh restaurant and buying clothes and shoes. However, this does not happen always. Even after certain accomplishments, for instance paying off deeds, making good money etc., I don't like to spend money. I make celebration such as rewarding myself too often.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a nice thread because it is an encouragement to pay off debts. When our car’s installments were over last year, we bought 2 pizza for a bit of celebration. This year the other car’s installments will end so expect another celebration of that kind. As I said, rewarding yourself is like encouraging you to pay off your debts so I think it’s a good idea to have a little celebration. How about going to the movies or eating out to the mall?

8. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well it's not that difficult or confusing, i usually reward myself based on how much effort and how dedicated and focused i was at my job, because then it feels much better.

9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I usually reward myself with my favorite food most of the times. But now I am buying something useful for my family members which make them happy thereby making me happy as well. :)

10. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am a foodie so I prefer to eat out or make my favourite dish at home when I am in the mood for celebration.

Although I do indulge into eating out once in a while I do not go for expensive places. Just something that is affordable and healthy.

11. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to gravitate toward food as well when it comes to rewarding the family for a job well done. It is especially nice to spend the money on good steaks and sides that we can make at home. My husband can cook a good quality steak better than the best steakhouse do. I will usually buy a fancy dessert to go with it.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Unlike other people who have families to raise, I only have to think about myself and my wants and needs, so I tend to reward myself everytime I can afford it, even if it's just a cheap item.

13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Food... It's all about that for me because I love to eat. :D So, I can't think of a better way to reward myself. It's something simple, but it's like a heaven for me.:)

14. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Aside from simply watching good videos online, I tend to simply buy snacks. I usually buy items like candy and chocolate to treat myself as well as pizza. Good food and snacks usually help make things sweeter for me and puts me in a good comfort zone when I finish financial issues. They're cheap and sweet.

15. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's reasonable to reward yourself. Because that seems to be the way you can do lot better with your spending. I have managed to spend on things which are good enough in many ways. I have spent on things whenever I have managed to earn on things as well. I have not spent on things for the sake of it though. So that's something I keep in mind. Not to buy things for the sake of it and spend it wisely.

16. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    When I achieve a financial goal, I like to treat myself and maybe a friend, to a picnic. If I do not feel like cooking home made food, it's then that I find a chance to buy food in a fancy outlet like K.F.C, just for the fun of it. These small activities, play a huge role, as they encourage me to set a higher goal and strive towards achieving it. However, when I do not achieve my goal I like to punish myself a little by denying myself those fancy goods and by being faithful to these principles, I can say that I am more disciplined financially.

17. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    Rewarding oneself when you have made great strides in your financial goals is like a morale booster to try to do more. What many do not understand is that whenever we achieve some financial success, there is need to show appreciation to ourselves for work well done.

My boss at the office always takes us on a treat to a big mall where he gives us the chance to buy whatever we want at a budget ceiling every time we made progress in the business. I learnt that from him, so whenever I achieve any little financial success in my personal life, I take myself out to the movies or beach to relax and feel okay about what I did.

It is good to always have a personal celebration of achievements for it motivates one to do more.

18. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    Well we don't really do something like that but if we feel happy about something like a loan got paid and we still have some extra cash to spend, I usually cook a nice dinner for us. I'm more on saving so we do not actually eat out a lot, if we need to celebrate something then we just do it at home to save money.