Rewards Cards

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Mar 13, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I just got a new rewards card from my local convenience store and I think it's pretty cool that they have one. I always buy small items from there so I know I'll get a lot of use out of it. I didn't have to spend much on it either, just about less than a dollar and now I can build some points to get some cool free stuff.

What rewards cards do you guys have? Do you have one for your convenience stores as well?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have two for the grocery store and then one for Best Buy. I am thinking about getting an REI reward card. I think they are worth it if you can bank points and don't have to use them within a certain period of time. If you have to do that, then I never have enough to get anything.

3. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I got the rewards cards they offered for NOCO and AM/PM Minimart gas and I have to say I have been very disappointed that I have as of yet been able to get any measurable reward from using the incentive card. I have had much better luck with a local pizzeria that has a punch card system after 10 visits you get like a free two liter of soda or something.

Our organic food store does the same thing with a punch card, $5 off after you fill the car, I am now on like my 6th or 7th one. Similar to the Hot Topics card, it came in very useful this past Christmas. Overall I like stores that offer this kind of incentive, I cannot always find a coupon for a sale so any sort of discount is more likely to make me want to remain loyal. Bon Ton is really good about this sort of stuff. I get all sorts of gift cards from them.

4. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have one for the local pharmacy, but it doesn't really do much. They do count up points that you can use toward a discount, but the rate is so ridiculous you will only get like a dollar worth of discount for like 200 worth of purchases.

5. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I have a Giant rewards card for Giant gas and stuff. My co-worker actually make fun of my keychain because I have so many rewards cards. I feel like if I shop someplace I should get the best deals offered. I have walgreens, CVX, Albertsons and giant gas rewards, and I use them all the time.