Rewards Programs

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Miaka_M • Apr 4, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    What does a Rewards Program mean to you? Companies ask for your personal information in exchange for receiving coupons, special offers and sometimes, free stuff! Are you bought into it? I know that I am. I jump at every chance for a rewards program (I tend to just go for recognizable companies though). I like the idea of having points and being able to redeem those points for something special. What do you think?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:

The upside is that it provides a powerful incentive for people to shop. On the other hand, if a bunch of stores have the same program, then which one should be chosen to save the most money? Another negative involves the fact some customers are infrequent ones. In that case, what is the best way a store can make money from them?

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I hold a store/rewards card from the biggest supermarket/mall chain in my country. Since I make most of my purchases in their establishments, I can easily collect points and exchange them for rewards or apply them to my purchases. The card itself can be used to avail of discounts in restaurants, hotels, or salons. It's a large and reputable establishment that I know I can trust with my personal information. I think it's a good idea if you know that the establishment is trustworthy and will not use your personal information to take advantage of the information they can extract from your file.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the rewards programs that everyone has. I just found Target's Red Car that has free shipping on almost everything. Safeway has digital specials coupons, CVS, has periodic $5 coupons or 40% off an non sale item coupon with other coupons, which saves you lots of money, so I love rewards programs. So aside of sales stores has to save money we got their rewards programs to save even more money!