Risky Way To Save Cash?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Dec 15, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    While hunting for deals online you'll quite obviously extensively use your favorite search engine. Ads will be displayed along with your search results. Some of the relevant [in relation to the search query you use] ads will probably have enticing offers like getting a 50% discount.

While some of the ads can be deliberately misleading it's possible to, occasionally, find some great deals.

Question: do any of click on such ads or do you go straight to Amazon or wherever it is you shop and probably spend more on the same item?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I click those ads from time to time, it wouldn't hurt, right? The sites that I visit seem to have tracking cookies, and they monitor what I search, and they show up on the ad spots of most of the new sites that I go to. So after comparing prices and shipping fees, then that's the time I'll make my decision.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What if the product you want to buy is being on sold on a site you've never heard of, would you be willing to take the risk? Get the product where you'll spend the least and risk not getting it at all if . . .

How would you go about finding out if the site is legit?

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always google the store first just to be sure it's trustworthy. I was interested in buying something from DinoDirect before, and a quick google search revealed that it was not reliable and scammy. So I will always do my research first before buying in a new store.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do click on those ads but usually I just go right back to shopping at more reputable and well known sites because I tend to spend a lot on Christmas and I'd much rather have peace of mind that I'll get what I ordered just in time for gifting them to my family and friends. If it was a regular day then I'd be more willing to risk it.

6. helpingcollier4

helpingcollier4Member

Threads:
    I do occasionally click on the banner ads because the items interest me, but I don't usually buy the products as a result of clicking on the ad. For many retailers, I use a site called eBates. They are a third party site that compiles lists of merchants who will pay cash back for your purchases. I have a link to eBates that will earn new members a $10 gift card, and I'll include it here, but I can take the link down if the moderators would like.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I want to use the cash back sites when I purchase items. I will be purchasing a lot of household items soon as I am moving into a place of my own and need to get stuff like linen and other household items.

8. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I typically avoid these links because they are normally disingenuous. Often times they will show a product that I have been looking at and advertise a price or sale that is not associated with that item as well. I'm a big advocate of always comparing prices on ebay and Amazon before buying things online.