Rite Aid, Walgreens or CVS?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Pocs • Aug 26, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    I shop wherever I can get the most for my money. Walgreens have a better coupon policy than the others, but CVS usually have better sale prices. Perceptions? I also shop around, and honestly I have found that Target not the drug stores have the best prices on prescriptions.

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I used to buy a lot at Rite Aid. They would have $5 off $25 purchase coupons you could stack with other coupons. I got a lot of great deals that way. They've made several other changes over the last year, so I've started going to Walgreens and CVS. I like both of them, but I've also found Target to be the best for me. Since I've had kids, it's much easier to get everything in one store.

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I would pick Walgreens and CVS for good sales and I have been doing this for years. I use the coupons and save quite a bit on items that I need and I don't have small ones to buy for any more so I shop on a as needed bases for myself. I usually shop Walgreens though, because I am always in the area.

4. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Well my CVS is expensive, I hate shopping there since the Rite-Aid by my house closed. And CVS is down the street, it's the only one pharmacy store close by. Their prices are too high, $8.50 for a box of Tylenol. I like Walgreens too.

5. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I usually go to CVS. It's not necessarily because they have the best prices or deals, but more so a matter of convenience. It's right within walking distance of my house and Walgreens and Rite Aid are no where in my vicinity. Rite Aid usually is overprices as well. I like Walgreens and the coupons are pretty good too, however there are none in my neighborhood.

6. jaimie_lorraine

jaimie_lorraineMember

Threads:
    In the city that I live in we only have Walgreens. However, I have been to a few CVS and Rite Aid locations in the past. I find that Walgreens has the best customer service and they have a lot of sales and coupons weekly. I like the Walgreens brand "Nice!" it compares pretty well to most name brand items. I believe that they also have a larger selection of inexpensive products available. My choice is definitely Walgreens.

7. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Rite Aid is my favorite store I've been to the other ones, but I've always liked that store. I remember when the name used to be "Thrifty", and it was later changed to Rite Aid. Walgreens is a nice store, but sometimes they just don't have what I need. The CVS is so small there's not really a good selection of merchandise to choose from. Rite Aid is a one stop shop for all your snacks and beer.

8. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    We only have a couple Walgreens near me, but several CVS's, so I mostly shop at CVS. They do have some good sales occasionally, and I try to shop at times I can put their sales together with coupons. However, if I am not able to save a lot of money, I'd rather just go to Walmart or Target and get all my shopping done in one place.

9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    It has never even occurred to me to shop around at chain drug stores, possibly because I shop there so infrequently. There is a rite aid near my house and I never go to it. When I need prescriptions, I go to the local drug stores. They tend to have lower prices and they fight tooth and nail to compete with each other.

10. quitetenacious

quitetenaciousNew Member

Threads:
    I usually go to Rite Aid the most now. I have one of their rewards cards and I earned so many points last year that I now get a 20% discount on every item on top of whatever the sales price is. Add coupons to that and I save a significant amount. I find that most sales at other pharmacies still don't meet the savings that I now get from Rite Aid, and the more I spend the more points I earn so it's a win-win situation.

11. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I shope at Riteaid most of the time. It is mostly for convenience because it's only about a 3-minute drive from my house. But once in a while I'll stop in a CVS or Walgreens just to see if they have anything different.

12. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Rite Aid used to be my favorite store. They used to have lots of items that were free after rebate. Now they rarely do. Walgreens became my next favorite. They still have items that are free after a rebate coupon, although not as much as they used to. I have not had access to CVS although there is one being built where I do a lot of my shopping. I'm looking forward to scoping out the store for amazing bargains. If they don't have amazing bargains, then I'll stick with Walgreens. "Free" is the word that will always draw me in.