River Or Beach

Discussion in Travel started by Sunflogun • Jun 29, 2015.

1. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely a beach anytime. Beaches are more alluring and there's a lot of buzz around. Kids splashing on the water under the watchful eye of their parents is a relaxing sight. I'm never solitary and I always like people making lots of noise and kids dancing around. The massive water body, the tides and the surfers riding the high waves lifts my mood up.

2. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    I live in northern california so I have access to both and I would say locally I prefer going to the river because it's warm enough where you can actually swim whereas the ocean is still pretty darn cold even in the summer. If we're traveling to somewhere warm, I prefer going to the beach though. I love the ocean.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Both are nice but if I was looking for peace and quiet then I'd choose the river every time. There's no quiet time to be had on the beach at all, all you can ever hear is screaming children running about unsupervised. At least by the rivers, parents are more careful to ensure their children behave so things are much more peaceful.

4. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, that is a fact, some beaches are usually crowded. At the same time when you take a dive under a wake and open your eyes inside the water there's also a great feeling of freedom. ;)

5. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    Where I lived we have many options of where we can going swimming. We can go to the River, The Ocean, The Bay or even to one of the many Lakes. They all have great beaches that you can enjoy. For me it really depends on what the temperature is like.

The Ocean and The Bay are much cooler then the River and Lakes would be. The Ocean and the Bay are salt water and the River and Lakes are fresh water. The Ocean gets jelly fish in the month of August which really grosses me out and some of the lakes can have leeches. So it all depends on the weather and the time of season it is.

I love having so many different options. When its time for a beach day, we just pack up the car and head out. We never really know where we will end up but wherever it is, we know we will have a good time.

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Beach all the way! My son loves playing in the sand and the ocean. He even gets angry when it is time to shower already lol. I have not taken him to a river yet as our rivers here are very dirty already. Such a shame really.

7. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer the beach, for the vastness of the ocean. The activity/movement of the water and the breeze, are what makes it for me. Also, rivers tend to be more polluted.

8. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    To me, it would depend on a lot of factors, but I'm slightly more leant to beaches than rivers though, unless we talked about "overpopulated" beaches of course. It's just more to choose in a beach than a river and will always prefer that over it.

9. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Not River its good for spending few hours of walk,but at beaches destinations you could spend even whole day. Being a nature lover i love both but would prefer to go for beach vacation.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Living in a country with an extensive coast, I would say I prefer the beach!
    A place close to the river has its perks - and it may even be better for relaxing and being in touch with the nature around it. However there is something about the beach that I love. I love the smell, the atmosphere, the sand under my feet and the imense sea ahead. It's exciting.

11. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a beach girl all the way. I love lying by a sandy beach reading or sipping on a cocktail. The sound of the ocean is so calming and soothing. Secluded beaches are the best. One of the prettiest most secluded beaches I've been to was on the island of Kauai. My husband drove our rental car right down on it and we watched the sunset. There were only two other people around us they got their jeep stuck and my husband had to drive it out for them.

12. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    JosieP! It's really surprising that you don't like beach point. I must say it is a great place to see the natural beauty. If you think that is seem boring then what things seem you exciting and filled your natural place criteria?

13. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    I was just on summer holidays and my time was all spent between pool and beach, mostly the beach. It's a great place to relax and the kids have a lot of space to run and swim. Not to mention that it's free. :D

14. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    yeah exactly my points... Beaches are best sources for nature lover. It offers more than a river side attractions.

15. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, but I've learned that what makes total sense to me and you guys, doesn't make for other people. I wonder if people growing up by the river establish a connection with it and that is why they love it better?

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to look at the beach, I don't really like walking on the beach or going in the water, sharks have been found in the beaches near me. Rivers are okay, I stay out of the water, I don't want to get leeches or any other thing on me.

17. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I have always preferred the beach. I don't live around rivers and I find the beach much more open and carefree. However, for a change of pace I may consider a vacation by a river just to experience it. This would require me to do some real planning out.

18. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I liked the ocean when I was younger. I'd drive to a remote beach on the Leeward coast to go to the beach that no one goes to because it has a lot of sea urchins with thorns. I like this beach because it has a lot of sea shells. The beach is little known and not on the tourist map. It's after Kahe Point and before Kaena Point. It's just a little beach I discovered one day that I visit when I was young. Now I like streams and rivers.

19. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I am amazed to know that, mostly peoples love to walk, swim and kayak and they specially make beaches vacation to enjoy water sports such as snorkeling. I personally love doing these all things. It makes them more adventure tourists spots. But if you don't like to do these things then i would say rivers would be ideal one destination for, as it offers more beautiful charming views then beaches. But offers a less crowded place filled with nature's rich charm. What say?

20. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    JosieP! if you love nature and don't link beaches then I would like to suggest you the name of Florida because it is a state where you can enjoy lush green views and beaches too. I hope after visiting this region your opinion will be changed!!
    So, buddy must try it.