Road Rage

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jennifer • Jun 13, 2012.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I have actually never learned to drive. It always seemed like it would be too much hassle. In addition, since I live in a large city, the public transport is good enough for me and works out cheaper too. When I was younger, my dad used to drive me around sometimes. There was once a huge queue at the traffic lights for a particular junction. We saw someone just drive straight past the queue and dodge through the traffic going perpendicular to us. It was sort of road rage because, judging by their speed, they had evidently lost patience and just decided to go straight through. Obviously, it was very dangerous. The traffic with the green light were not expecting anyone to emerge in front of them without warning.

2. avadarling

avadarlingMember

Threads:
    I have never experienced road rage either but I know that its out there and it can lead to very dangerous circumstances, I also see many people looking down at their phones or eating. It doesn't give me a good safe feeling that's for sure!

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I'm with you on that using the phone or eating. That is a dangerous situation and if I see someone using there phone or eating or just not paying attention, I will get away from around them. People should know it only takes a split second to hurt or kill someone while they are not paying close attention to there driving or someone else making mistakes. I hate road rage people and wish they would stop driving at all, at all.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't experienced any form of road rage directed at me yet, but I did see 2 men yelling angrily at each other over some traffic misunderstanding while I was on the road. I'm embarrased for them.

5. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    A few years back I experienced an incident of road rage. On the highway coming back to NY after a family road trip a person was highly upset with the bumper to bumper traffic and decided to choose us as his target. He pulled up next to us and began cursing in his accent. My husband is a great driver and was able to get away from this psycho but he decided to follow us and harass us even more. We did what we needed to do to protect ourselves and children. He eventually got the point and left us alone and no longer followed. It was obvious that one of us would have went to jail. Road Rage makes no sense. Cars were created to make life easier NOT cause more problems.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've witnessed road rage first-hand. Some guy's engine stalled on a narrow backstreet. The motorist behind him [must have been an impatient guy] honked his horn twice. The driver of the stalled car gave him the bird and the two engaged. The police broke it up[a little later], carted them both off.

I see no point in getting angry because heck, in the end you'll get where you're going.

#26Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013