Romper Fever, Anyone?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jasmine Inya • Jun 4, 2016.

1. Jasmine Inya

Jasmine InyaNew Member

Threads:
    So, where I live at the moment it's Summer! I love, love, love the summer. I love how everything just comes to life around this season, and how we can shed a few layers of clothing after roaming the Earth as bundled up creatures with red cheeks and noses all Winter. One of favorite Summer trends at the moment are rompers. Rompers are cute little jumpsuits that provide with you a tops and bottoms all in one. They come in so many different variations and are really quite affordable. Forever 21 has a great variety of rompers starting from prices as low at $10. I have also found a few adorable rompers for as little as $4 on eBay.

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love rompers too, but I can never find one that fits right because I am so tall. The shorts are always way too short on me and then if I wear one that is too short I am always nervous that I am going to show it all. I will have to find some on ebay! Maybe I am looking in all of the wrong places.

3. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    I think they are cute on some people, others not so much. My little sister has a few that look good on her but I would personally never wear any. I don't have the body shape and most of them have shorts tooo short for my taste.

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Funny that just last Saturday, I wore a romper when my husband and I had a date. Lol. Honestly, I only have one romper and it's from Cotton On. It's a purple romper and it's short enough for my height. I paired it with a denim jacket just because it's too cold in the theatre.

It's one of the few clothing items that make me look good since it's gartered in the waist and hides my tummy. Although I've read that rompers aren't supposed to be worn by non-skinny individuals because you'd end up looking more "chubby." But I liked the way it looked on me and it didn't really made me gain weight unlike my other clothes.

From where I am, rompers aren't as in anymore. It's almost rainy season here and most people commute so it's hard to wear rompers. I wore it that time since we were away for only a few hours and went home immediately after. And oh, it's kind of weird to wear a romper when you have to pee so often, keep that in mind. Lol.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of them at all. They are always too short in the body and the one time I did wear one was far too inconvenient when it came to using the bathroom.

6. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    I love rompers! It's summer where I live, too, so it's getting very warm. As much as I love wearing shorts/skirts in the summertime, sometimes it can be kind of boring to wear the same things all summer. This is why I love rompers so much. You don't have to decide on both a top and a bottom to wear that match and such, but you can just throw on a romper and have your whole outfit almost complete. I've seen some of the rompers on Forever 21, but I haven't seen a ton of styles I love yet. I actually just bought an adorable romper from Old Navy for less than $18 (a little pricey, but it was worth it). It has a black and white design (comes off a bit grayer) with really bright yellow/green straps that cross in the back.

7. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    Hah I like these on kids and...very young women with the perfect body for them, slim, not too tall or short, very evenly proportioned? I think it's an item that is generally hard to fit for most people. On me, they kind of make me look a bit like a potato, or that I'm trying to look way younger than I am. I've seen some cute ones but they are really hard to fit, I'd definitely not buy these online unless I was a size 2!

8. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    I've seen a lot of rompers that are actually being shaped better to look good on different body types. Some are very cute, even though I would never personally wear one.

9. cyclistbabe

cyclistbabeNew Member

Threads:
    Meeeee! I love rompers. Honestly, I love not having to worry if my bum is sticking out or if the wind will catch my dress and moon everyone around me. And they're usually easy to dress up and down! Only probably is when you have to use the restroom, you have to take the whole thing off :p

10. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    Rompers look really nice and comfortable as well. They're also a good choice aside from the usual summer dresses. I'm from a tropical country so we'd always see girls wearing them even when it's raining. I've been looking on Amazon and other online shopping sites for plus sized rompers. I've also found some on local stores and online sellers on Facebook groups as well that would fit me.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like rompers at all, to me rompers are for kids. Sometimes I come around after a while off a trend been around and I see it many times. I start getting used to it and start liking it. Not the case with rompers. I still think it looks ridiculous on adults.