Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls Do you find any great buys there?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by savergrl • Aug 13, 2012.

1. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    Occasionally I find some good stuff but not always. Have you ever scored big time?

My best find was a pair of Calvin Klein Black label sunglasses on clearance for $3. I really think it was a tagging mistake!

2. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I shop at TJ Max and Ross quite frequently. Most of the great bargains I see are in Ross, but for some reason I seem to not have the money to spend when I find them. Ross is always the store I visit first when looking for something to wear.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I can find a great bargain at Ross. It really depends on the area. Ross usually has great deals on purses, handbags and bedding items. I rarely find anything at Marshalls so I don't really bother with them.

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like to find a good deal at Marshall's or TJ Maxx (there isn't a Ross near me) you have to really hunt and be determined to find something. This is fine if you have a high shopping tolerance, but I hate shopping. That being said, at times when I was forced by my girlfriends to spend a lot of time shopping, I really did find awesome things at awesome prices at Marshall's.

5. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think I've stepped foot in the TJ Maxx here yet. Most of the time I just go to Ross because it's the closest one to my house. But I've gotten some really great bargains there. I once bought a pair of shoes for $12 (they were at least $60). My only issue is that I'm not the type of person that does a lot of digging around since I don't have the patience for it.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not shop at these stores enough to know if the prices are good. I suspect they are not that much of a savings. I do like to look at home goods in these stores.

7. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    I love all three of them. They are all great for kitchen equipment, and have great prices! They also have a nice selection of hanbags at really good prices. Ross's is better for clothes than T.J.'s or Marshalls. Bigger selection and they always have a nice clearance rack.

8. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I love TJ Maxx and Marshall's both stores are great to shop from. I buy most of my body washes, scented candles, and sandals from Marshall's. They have a great selection of products. I have never really purchased anything from Ross.

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love Ross and T.J.Maxx's stores for handbags and clothes. You can find good deals in ther for almost any item you are looking for. I like buying there blazers and clothing for a bargain and you can't beat that. Ross and TJ Maxx has great body wash, perfumes, and watches that are very nice and you can't go wrong with any of those items. Although, I go very early in the morning because I like it when the stores is not junky.

10. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't shopped at these stores that often. When I did, I found a few things for a good price. I wasn't a big fan though. I think you really have to look and sort through a lot of stuff that you don't like. It kind of takes the fun away from shopping. I can find the clearance rack at major department stores and get about the same prices. Maybe they are a little more, but not by much. I find way more that I like at major department stores and the experience is way more enjoyable. For example, I live near a Dillards department store. They will have clearance racks and then I go in for the additional 30 to 40 percent off sales. That's 30 to 40 percent off sale items! And you can find a lot marked down to 66 percent off already.

11. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I always find good deals there. The trick is to know what days to go. The best day is the day they put out the new stuff. It usually arrives on Wed, and they usually put it all out by Thursday. By Friday or Saturday they are already selling the good stuff that came in. I try to go on Thursday morning..... one of the cashiers gave me that tip. :)

12. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    We only have TJ Maxx here in my town. Wish we had a marshalls but anways, I just got 3 shirts from TJ Maxx yesterday from a brand I have not heard of, but was extremely cute! Two were 10 dollars, normally 26, and one was 7 dollars normally 20. All were very flattering and made well. I can't wait to go back. I love that they have a variety of different styles, most stores seem to have all the same thing.

13. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    What store are you talking about? TJ Maxx, Marshalls or Ross?

14. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:

Id like to know too! I love getting first selection.

15. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I am talking about Ross when it comes to handbags and blazers. Some of there blouses are very nice and sweaters are made nice. And don't forget about the coats. I have found some beautiful coats there that are different and a lot of people ask me where did I get that and I tell them try your friendly Ross store they have some unique things in there. You have to go early though, so they won't get all picked over before you arrive.

16. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much only shop at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. For me, these stores are affordable and I can find some really fashionable items.

And I actually like only looking at items in my size. At a normal store, I will adore something and then discover that they are sold out in my size.

While these stores can be messy, and they can be hit and miss, I'm kinda in love.

17. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Before the Grove was built in L.A., the Ross on 3rd Street had the best buys. In fact, if you were a woman who was size 18 and over in the 90s, this whole section was better than any mall. The last great deal I got at a Ross was a Liz Claiborne bag for $30. That was about 5 years ago, I'm pretty hard on my purses and it's just now starting to show wear.

These days, I prefer Marshalls because I like more classic looks than eclectic (goes with age I guess LOL). Marshall's stores are also cleaner and better stocked. TJ Maxx in L.A. are hit or miss. Most Ross stores are starting to go down the tubes. I went to a fairly new one recently and there were flying bugs hanging around the coffee/biscotti.

18. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I have never been in a Marshall's store and only in a Ross store once. Recently my area started construction on a mall like area and some of the stores that are coming in are Ross, Marshall's and quite a few of others. I can't wait as I'd love to explore new stores to shop in. Ross is a store I loved at the first visit because I scored several new outfits for myself under $30. They were name brand outfits as well.