Rubber Gloves

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Theo • Aug 17, 2016.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How long does a pair last you? Mine last as long as possible until I get a rip or tear in them. Do you buy more expensive ones that last longer or the cheaper ones that are thinner and could tear easier?

I have both, but do prefer the more expensive ones as they also tend to have a better grip as well and if they get wet they seem more waterproof, or is that just me thinking that?

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    For me, it depends what I'm using them for. I've got allergies that mean that I need to wear gloves when handling some things. I tend to opt then for ones that I know aren't likely to break so that I won't have an allergic reaction. However, if I'm just using them to stop my hands getting wet then I'll probably opt for the cheaper ones because nothing really bad will happen if they break and I can just dry my hands and get new ones out if necessary. I've not noticed much difference in terms of their drip, though. I find they all get quite slippery and need you to be careful about gripping with them on.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is related to the plant cutter that I bought last month. It is what we use when cutting small branches.

The choice was between 2 cutters so I picked the cheaper one that comes with a handle with rubber casing so when you press the cutter, your hand is not directly touching the metal handle. However, after a week of use, I saw the rubber casing to be torn. Yeah, it did not last long. Now I remember the more expensive cutter that I did not buy which has a plastic cover for the handle. Oh well, the cutter is still working anyway although the metal handle is slippery when your hand is wet.

4. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    I prefer sturdy gloves that last for a while. Not those flimsy ones that tear as soon as you wring out your mop. My gloves usually last between 3 - 6 months. I use them for various jobs around the house, such as cleaning, washing the dishes, and some light gardening. Once I accidentally bought a pair that was lined with some alleged anti-septic powder. I got a hell of a rash and the smell of this nasty stuff made me gag for hours afterwards as I couldn't wash it of my hands.

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    When you come to matters gloves, you can't go wrong with leather gloves. Not only are they tear resistant but they are not easily affected by most substances which confer moisture though I would give it to rubber gloves when it comes to resistance against corrosion on exposure to chemical substances like acids.

6. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I buy a decent quality pair. They seem to last 6 months or so. I don't use them every day, but I have one pair for cleaning and another pair for washing dishes. I also really like the latex disposable gloves. They are great for cleaning something that is really dirty. I actually prefer these in most cases.