Sales on clothes, but never in my size.

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Lostvalleyguy • Apr 1, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    This is a bit of a rant but not targeted at a specific store. I will often look for a sale before I go out and buy jeans or other clothing. Usually the type of clothes that I wear is not limited to a single brand or store so I have a few options. When I see a flyer or on online advertisement for a sale I like to take the opportunity to save some money if it is something that I am looking to purchase anyhow. I am frequently disappointed that the clothing stores often have nothing in my size. I am a 34" waist, normal height and weight. This means that I am pretty much in the average category for clothing.

Why is it so hard to find pants that are my size and shirts that are a medium on sale? I go early on the first day of a sale so "sold out" isn't the problem. There are always plenty of clothes my size that are not on sale. Are these sales really just inventory clearance? It feels like discrimination against the average guy.

2. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's because those are the most common sizes! I think more people are mediums or average sizes, so they rush to the clearance racks. I have the same trouble myself - I will find a really cute top in Large or XL, but not a smaller size. It can be frustrating, but just keep digging!