Salt of the Earth crystal deodorant

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Hedonologist • Dec 7, 2012.

1. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    'Salt of the earth' is a crystal deodorant on sale in Holland & Barrett. The reason I started using this deodorant was due to concern about the dangers of parabens present in other deodorants, the potassium alum used in this deodorant works by killing bacteria that release odors. This small 90g crystal will last approximately 3 months if dried throughly after each use. The crystal will leave no white marks on clothes and is odorless.

2. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Is the deodorant you speak of very effective? I've noticed some natural deodorants, like the sea salt stuff, isn't very effective. I've also tried Tom's of Maine, and it didn't do much for me. However, I still believe in using natural deodorant, especially since my aunt suffered eyesight problems due to the aluminum in regular deodorants. Currently I use Arm and Hammer, which doesn't contain aluminum. So far it's the only aluminum-free deodorant that works for me.

3. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I wonder if this would work for me. Years ago I bought a natural deodorant but it did not work for me at all. I'm interested in using a natural deodorant only if it does the job. During the day, I sometimes have to do a lot of manual labor type of work, so I need a deodorant that will not let me down when I need it the most.

Years ago I read an article about harmful chemicals entering the body via the underarm by way of deodorant. Prior to reading that article, when I would shower at night before going to bed, I would put on deodorant. After reading that article I stopped using deodorant at night, and only use it in the morning after my morning shower.

4. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    not leaving marks on clothes and being odorless is a plus..

5. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I know what you're saying about some of the natural deodorants not being very effective, I have used one once that didn't seem to have an effect on me, but this is different. I actually find that many deodorants don't actually remove the smell very well at all, but the scent is so overpowering that it isn't noticed as much. This on hte other hand works better than anything I've tried, natural otherwise. There is literally no smell at all.

6. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know this type of deodorant. Under your comment I find out they are very useful and fulfilled its role perfectly. It is interesting to learn about new products for the care and personal hygiene. I don't know if I can I will get in my city but I would be interested to try them. A very good thing is that it leaves no odor and stain. Thanks for sharing your opinion with the community. :D

7. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    I always seen the kiosk at the mall for salt of the earth there products are really good but just way to much money for me.

8. alishamilan

alishamilanNew Member

Threads:
    But what has use of this deodorant? It's effective?

9. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    I believe it is.. :)

10. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I have a salt based deodorant and it does nothing at all for me. Sadly. And since I'm a big fan of more natural products, I thought this would be great. I've also tried Toms and a brand called Desert Essence.

So far, I have a Toms that works so long as I'm not going for a hardcore run and the Desert Essence stuff is good too. But my salt stick was a big waste on money. At least my body can't keep up with it.

11. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried this, but my stepdad would use it all of the time. He is allergic to most store deodorants and so he started using the crystal. It's effective and you don't have to use it as often as traditional deodorants. I like using Tom of Maine's unscented deodorant. It makes my skin so soft.