Same Or New Locations?

Discussion in Travel started by to7update • May 12, 2017.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    When booking your holidays do you prefer to return to places where you had good experiences, or do you prefer to try something new? I confess that if the experience was good and I can afford it again (haha) I prefer to return, even if I like to know new places too.

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I like to go to different places to get to know new things but I like yourself would return to the same place if it was really good and especially economic. I have done that many times and I always have a good time and never regret it. There's times that I visit new places and wish I had gone to places I already know because the experiences aren't as good.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    For me it depends on number of holidays I am having lol. I mean if they are limited then there is no other option to go for nearest location which is already known. But if I have more time then I will always prefer new location and area which I have never seen before. It is more fun in going at new places.

4. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that this happened to me i do have a wish to see new places abut some places are very special for me so do prefer to go there for once again. no matter how many time i have been there, One of this kind iof destination i Niagara falls, where i had great time with my friends once and last time while my sister said that she is willing to go for some of the majestic places where she could enjoy nature's charming views and other attractive tourist spots soi just suggest her the name of nagara falls as this the most friendly family place that ever i had experienced that would be her first tour to the falls but not my so really excited to see once again and to refresh my all memories.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    My company holds its annual team building activities at resorts or leisure centers. If I can afford it, I always try to go back to the venue with my son. It's true that there are always new places to go, but when it's vacation time with a child, I really don't want to take a risk so I'd rather go back to a place I'm familiar with and have my son enjoy the amenities I've enjoyed. When the holiday involves the rest of my family, though, I'd be willing to try something new.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am easily bored with the same things over and over again and so I am always willing to explore new places.

Although I also look at my budget and weigh out if the trip will be worth it or not. If I feel that a particular new location is costlier than what I can spend, I might as well go back to the old place and still have a good time.

#6May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  7. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Well, looking for new places is always good sure, but if I like a place, and considering it's usually one week per year that we go away, I don't mind going back to the place that makes me relax the most, by the beach all included haha. :cool:

8. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update For many years I would take a holiday cruising down the Nile, then I moved out there and then I moved back to the UK. Now I am back here, I want to take holidays on this island. I want to see from the north to the south and from the east to the west. There are too many beautiful places in my own country that I have yet to see.

After I am satisfied with seeing enough of my own country, I would like to travel abroad again.

#8May 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2017
  9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I always like to try new and different places as it will make me adventurous and makes me active and stress-free. Sometimes I go to a usual place with my best friend where we had some good memories to share.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We travel as often as 6 times a year. Our policy is to go to a new place, at least 2 new places. But we have our favorites particularly Singapore and Hong Kong which we go to every year. Those 2 places have so many attractions such that we don't feel we had saturated them. Some other places like Vietnam and Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia can be forgotten. This year the new places in our itinerary are Taiwan and South Korea.

11. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    @janemariesayed@janemariesayed That's actually pretty smart from you, knowing the places closer to us can be equally rewarding as going away, but certainly cheaper. I've done that, and keep doing it, as there's a lot to know in my country, it's just a matter to give ourselves the trouble to look for nice places, and places we can afford.

#11May 14, 2017
  12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well that is a great question, and I am definitely someone who is more likely to revisit a good place than try something new. Not all the time and it certainly depends, but I do like having that knowledge beforehand that it will be okay.

13. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs Exactly, what's the point of going to the same place over and over again, i can understand that some locations are breath taking but you should always try to diversify and explore new destinations.

#13May 14, 2017
  14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a complicated issue for me. I like to go to places which had not been in the past but at the same time I visit and revisit places which have good experience for me and where I spent a nice time. And the most important is cost factor, if I found the place with reasonable housing and food facility besides scenic beaut I would certainly go there again.

15. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    @Zero@Zero Yup. Exploring new places will give us the experience to learn something new and also it will be a bit of adventurous too. :)

#15May 15, 2017
  16. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Yeah, we need to think it through. Just a few days ago I was selecting where I would spend a week holiday in August, and I was looking at some apartments I've been in the past, and I wasn't motivated at all to return there, so we ended up choosing a new location. I have to like it a lot to return there.

#16May 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
  17. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    50/50. Sometimes it is good to go to a holiday location that you have already been to because you know what to expect and the experience will hopefully be good like your preview time. This is especially important nowadays because sometimes people book unknown holidays and when they go there they are extremely disappointed because the experience wasn't like as promised. But then it can get boring to go to the same location over and over again so it might be better to have a new experience.

18. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    @larryl332@larryl332 Well in a way i do agree with you on the fact that visiting to a familiar place or destination is easier and encourages you to see more but you might be missing out on some great and unique experiences by not diversifying your travelling.

#18May 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
  19. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update I have couple of places that I have visited more than 30-40 times each and never feel like I have seen enough of them. One of them is Hardwar about 140 KM from my native place and another is Nainital about 350 KM from my place. I feel like I have never visited them on my every visit although I know each and every spot of these two places like back of my palm.

20. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    As long as it involves a lot of money, I would never return to the same place. If it does not cost much to visit the place, I would obviously want to revisit the place. Actually I like to visit new places instead of revisiting the place. New places will give you new experience and thrills, and revisiting your renew your experiences.