Same soda, different label

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Wheely • Jun 3, 2012.

1. Wheely

WheelyNew Member

Threads:
    Can you taste any difference between Sprite, 7-up, and sierra mist?

How about Dr, Pepper and Mr. Pibb

2. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I can taste a difference between all of them. Most notably 7-UP, Sprite, and Sierra Mist. I really enjoy 7-UP and Sprite, but Sierra Mist tastes like toilet water. Can't say about Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb though, I don't really drink them.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely. First, Sprite is better. 7-Up is just okay and I think I've only had Sierra Mist once or twice. I think I remember it as a very dry taste. I don't like Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb, so I guess they do taste the same: nasty. There is also a huge difference between Coke and Pepsi. Pepsi is way too sweet and only worthy of being drank in combination with milk.

4. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Ridiculous.
    Saying Sierra Mist and 7 up tastes the same is like saying Mountain Dew tastes the same as Red Bull, its just not right man.

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    They don't taste the same. I can tell the difference I think I can, but I never tried. I 'm going to do a blind taste test and see if I can tell them apart. The most difficult part of the test would be the Dr. Pepper and Mr.Pibb. Those taste really similar to me, and I'm sure I'll get that one wrong.

6. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I can definitely tell the difference, especially since pepsi went to sierra mist natural. Before when it was regular sierra mist it tasted prety close to sprite. 7up isn't even in the same ballpark though.

7. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be a Dr Pepper fanatic when I drank soda and I could always tell the difference between Dr Pepper and Mr Pib.

8. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I decided to avoid drinking soda and have been doing so for a few years now. When I did drink it, however, I couldn't tell the difference between Coca Cola and Pepsi or Sprite and Mountain Dew. Years later, I still can't taste the difference between club soda and Perrier.

To be honest, all of these sodas are just nothing but harmful chemicals that should not be digested. But that's just me.

9. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Sprite and 7UP taste the exact same to me. 7UP may just have a little more gas.

How about Pepsi and Coke? I definitely can tell the difference between them. Coke tastes better IMO (have I been brainwashed?).

10. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Pepsi and Coke are the #1 for me. They don't even taste almost the same. At least the others are similar.

11. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    You know when I saw this topic I thought you were talking about the various knock-offs of sodas that are sold cheaply. Kind of like how most batteries are the same - they just change the label. Or how most carry-out boxes are made at the exact same place and are in fact the exact same item in a different shipping box. It's all the same things, but look how the prices change.

That said - 7up is brighter then Sprite which is sweeter than Sierra which happens to be very sharp. Pibbs and Pepper differ only in the aftertaste left behind.

12. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Pepsi and Coke definitely taste different. I am not just imagining it. The difference in taste can be detected even without looking at the bottles. They smell different, too.

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    You're right, they smell different too. Pepsi has this sort of "acidic" smell... I wouldn't know how to describe it :p

14. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, I can tell the difference between the different sodas, in some cases it is more subtle...but in most it is more clear. I am not a fan of any of them though, so I cannot say which is best or worst. It probably comes down to a matter of taste.

15. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually drink soda, and maybe that's the difference, but I can't tell the difference between coke and pepsi, nor can I tell the difference between sprite and sierra mist. I can, however tell the difference between dr pepper and mr tibb.

16. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I would add I have a harder time telling the 'uncola's' apart from a fountain than from a can. From a can I think they taste completely different.

17. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    With some I can taste the difference. Like Dr. Pepper, Coke, and Mountain Dew seem to have a certain taste all their own.

18. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    Sprite and 7-Up taste the same to me, but Sierra Mist is completely different and completely awful to my taste buds. I also really hate Mountain Dew. Those both have a kind of metallic taste to me. I hardly ever drink soda though and the best thing to me is that the store brands usually taste the same to me and are so much cheaper. We have a 2 liter of Kroger rootbeer I bought for 75 cents last night that tastes like every other rootbeer.

19. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Most store brands are actually namebrands with the label replaced. Kind of like batteries do.

20. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, I sure can. I can't really taste the difference between a lot of the generic versions of each, but I definitely can between the main brands. They have different formulas and even though they're similar styles, they're still not the exact same. For example, Sprite is a lot more carbonated than 7-Up.